Thread: Internet video

Question Internet video

when i try and watch an internet video, such as youtube, it stops and start throughout the intire video. Why does this happen and how do I fix it?

The reason it happens: Stop & starts

When you first start the video(Youtube) it's downloading then plays then stops to download again then plays if you pause it the download will continue when it finishes then play the video again and it will play straight through.

The speed the video downloads is going to depend on you internet connection speed, and the amount of traffic on youtube + your computer resources ram, processor ect. come into play.

I have a high speed connection, 2 gigs of ram, and a huge processor and a clean machine and still run into slow downs at youtube at times, on some of the videos I pause them and let the download finish and then play the video.

Default thanx

i'm not real knowledgable on computer language but i think i get the drift of your advice. appreciate your help. do i have to have a tech install new whatever to make my system run better?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Right click on My Computer > Properties > the window that opens will give you info on what you have. Give us the info under System and under Computer (not Registered to). Shut that window and now double click on My Computer > next to drive C: it will give Total size and free space, give us both figures. From this info we can give you an idea on what you can do to increase your performance.

A handy little utility is CCleaner - Home . download and run with its default settings. This will clean out temp and junk file which will help performance. Run this program fairly regularly (at least once a week, doesn't hurt to do it at the end of each day either). Do not run the included Registry Cleaner, we've found that most reg cleaners can cause more problems than the can fix sometimes).