Blog Entries

Default HP D7460 Disappeared

I am running a Dell laptop with Windows Vista and a Dell Optiplex with Windows XP Professional. Both are linked to the internet by a wireless router and by Bluetooth to a Hewlett Packard HP Photosmart D7460 colour printer. When I turned on the PC yesterday the printer had disappeared, I tried re-loading the software from the disc that came with the printer but kept getting a Message: SETUP/hpzwrp01.exe The parameter is incorrect. As the disc appeared corrupt I went to the HP website and downloaded and installed the software. I succeeded in re-establishing the printer on the PC but it is offline. As I cannot find and any Bluetooth icons in the XP Control Panel, I would appreciate any help that can be offered to get printer back online. Many thanks.
    A little help is worth a ton of sympathy.

Dell Inspiron
    Windows 10
    Edge

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is usually down to a missing entry in the Registry. This should help.

Did you install any new software/hardware/drivers just before the problem appeared? Either way, there's also the option to do a System Restore to the previous day.

Blog Entries

Thanks Arraknid. I have been experimenting with photographic software so maybe something upset the system. System restore didn't succeed but as I haven't used the printer for a couple of weeks, maybe it had disappeared before the restore point was created. I have now rearranged the whole system so that the "good" printer is available to the laptop through bluetooth and to the PC by USB cable while the "workhorse" can be linked directly to the laptop via USB. God how I ramble on. Thanks again for your advice.
    A little help is worth a ton of sympathy.

Dell Inspiron
    Windows 10
    Edge

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Glad it all worked out. Good luck.