Default Virus or Computer Problem Slow Computer only in Yahoo My Email Account Computer Locks

Hello Everyone-

I have spent hours running scans spyware, cleaning CC etc and the problems remains. When I use my Email (yahoo) it freezes and locks up the computer? Everything rusa fine EXCEPT when I'm in Yahoo. Tempted to ditch Yahoo yet it's been my Email address for 6 years.

Any Help Appreciated, And Thank you IN Advance, I'm mystified!

Can you let us know the following:
    Operating system? (Windows? Linux? Xp? Vista? Home? Professional? etc)
    Internet Browser? (default Internet Explorer (IE)? Firefox? Opera?
    Which cleaners you have tried and the results

Once we have this info, we can start to narrow the problem down. I doubt its a common Yahoo problem, and is most probably based at your machine, at some point.
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Default Info re my computer

I am Windows XP, Firefox and have run CC as well as spyboot and there were just a few things (6) malware and 1 trojan that were removed and yet I have the same problem. At the top of the Yahoo mail there's always a large advert and it seems to take awhile to load. Computer still locks up only on that website?
    All others are fine.

Again I REALLY appreciate any help as using or trying to do any email takes FOREVER.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This seems to be quite a common problem, though the only advice given by Yahoo is to clear your cache or, unsurprisingly, use the Yahoo! Browser. Believe me, that isn't something you want to do!!

If I were you, I'd change to something more reliable and secure, like Gmail.