Thread: AVG problem

Default AVG problem

My anti virus and anti spyware needs updating. When I click to update a box comes up with the message 'Your computer system time seems to be inaccurate. This may lead to false database up-to-dateness reporting. Please correct your system time if possible'. Then it wont let me update.
    What do I do to correct this because if it means my clock, then the time and date are correct and I'm scratching my head as to what else it could be.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi Vambo, suggest you double click your clock which will open its settings. Make double sure the date is right, the year especially. Reset if needed and try again. If that doesn't do it, uninstall AVG and install a fresh download.

Hello Canuck
    Time and date are correct. Changed date which was initially correct ,applied wrong date then changed date correctly again, still no joy. Then removed and deleted AVG and did fresh download with the same result.
    Last edited by vambo; 02-24-2009 at 03:52 PM.

Errr.....all sorted.....checked the date but not the month. For some unknown reason the month had changed and I didn't spot it...ho hum