Question "Windows Installer" window keeps popping up

I decided to utilize a computer case with complete motherboard, some drives, power supply, and some extra goodies. However, I wanted to use the hard drive from my original machine. I took out the hard drive of the target computer, and put in the hard drive from the source machine. I reloaded Windows XP and all of the drives & other hardware worked O.K. My only problem is that when I launch some of the programs, such as Windows Explorer, the Control Panel, & Microsoft Word, a window entitled "Windows Installer" pops up and indicates that it is starting an installation. The only thing wrong is that nothing is being installed. It just sits there for about 2 minutes then allows me to go ahead with the program. I went the the Device Manager to see if there were any red or yellow markers on any of the devices. There are none. What is causing this window to pop up and how do I prevent it?
    Alan

Hello,

AlanG,

See if the link is any help read carefully,

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

zep516

Unhappy Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't help

I tried the suggestion, going to the Microsoft page and downloading the cleanup program. All that happened when I ran the program was that my Word program got wiped out and when I reinstalled it, the problem was still there. Maybe you have another suggestion, yes?
    Alan