Default Zone Alarm Firewall

Hello There,
    I was on last night and spoke to a person called Spyware Fighter who guided me successfully thro uninstalling Norton and downloading AVG Free. He also advised me to download a new firewall from Zone Alarm. This I did but at some stage of the download, this message appeared:
    This Driver is blocked due to compatability issues.

Check online to see if solutions are available from the Microsoft website. Windows will automatically display a website that lists steps you can take.

Driver: TrueVector Internet Monitor
    Publisher: Check Point, Inc.

TrueVector Internet Monitor has one or more drivers with known incompatabilities with this version of windows. Please contact your software
    vendor Check Point, Inc. to receive a compatible version of the drivers prior to installing this software.
    Check for solutions online ( a link to Microsoft ).

When I click into this link Microsoft tells me that there is no solution to this problem at the moment.

This box is on my pc all the time. I cannot click out of it. Also, the warning did not come before I had downloaded the Zone Alarm firewall.

Can anyone tell me what to do, please?

Are you using Vista?

Yes, Windows Vista

The Vista firewall is probably going to be sufficient, when I recommend Zone Alarm I was under the impression you were using Windows xp.

This Driver is blocked due to compatability issues.

The above message/error appears to be Zone Alarm/Vista Issue.

So Zone Alarm never installed right?

Well, I see no sign of it except for this box that I cannot click out of. My operative firewall is the windows one, which I can see when I go into Security. Do you know why I can't click out of the box?

See if Zone Alarm is in the add/remove programs, if so uninstall it.

I've just done that and it said I had to restart my computer to complete it. I didnt want to do that right now until I had finished talking to you. Guess what? Norton security is still there in the programme list!
    You are not going to believe this. Right now a thing has come up telling me that zone alarm has been safely installed. Truly- I do not understand computers. They seem to do the exact opposite of what you want.

It is no longer in the list of programmes on the control panel but the box is STILL there and cannot be clicked out of. Maybe it's a ghost!

I've just restarted and the box has gone. Thanks very much for your help. I'll sign off now 'cos its 4 am here. Bye.

If you are still having problems with the installation of ZoneAlarm, follow Evilfantasy's wonderful post about Revo Uninstaller as follows:
    ZoneAlarm or Jetico Firewall?

Hope this solves your problem,

kind regards,