Default New Laptop - Advice please

Hi, I am going to buy a new laptop. What I really want from it is that it has Wifi so I don't need to use a Netgear card and a CD/DVD drive that I can transfer photos etc onto - burning I think it's called! Also I want one with a maximum screen size of 13 - 14 inches (so a 12" would do too).

Any advice on what I should buy? Willing to pay circa 700-800.

Want to get one today so would be grateful if anyone's online and reading this can let me know soon.

Many thanks - this is a great site.

Janet

700-800 will get you a top spec machine!

DO NOT be spending that sort of money on something you are just going to be doing basic things on!

A general 300-400 laptop wil have all you need.

is there a reason you want a screen size less than 15"? as there are alot of good deals on laptops that size.

Also, you may want to do a google search on 'netbooks' as i'm sure they all have DVD writing capabilities too.

Thanks, I just want a smallish one to carry around and take on holiday to connect to interenet via WiFi. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Janet

By the way, any you can recommend that has inbuilt WiFi and DVD/CD burner?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Most laptops do come with built in WIFI and DVD read/write. You'll get recommendations right across the board as this is a very subjective topic. In my opinion Toshiba brand is an excellent choice, but others will of course recommend something else. All I can say is don't go with the cheapest, nor the most expensive. For example Toshiba - Satellite L300-1BV it's probably more than you need, but the price is right. If you have some extra cash on hand, buy a comfortable carrying case.