Default laptop crash\corrupt windows?

Please, please can someone help me a.s.a.p? This is really urgent. I have a laptop - 'Evesham Voyager C310', about three years old. There seemed to be a virus or corruption of sorts which got on to the system and the laptop crashed and I couldn't access windows or my files anymore. I managed to get windows back with the help of a recovery console but the running was very very slow. The next day it crashed again & I couldn't start windows no matter what I tried. I tried starting in safe mode and other modes but it just wouldn't do anything. The CD is working and I can hear the laptop trying to red the disc but it just doesn't seem to read. I've tried most things...I think? Please can someone advise me so as to get my files & computer back, please?

khrizie,

The best I can offer is to try and recover your existing files using a live Linux cd here is a link to get you started, it will give you an Idea of what's involved here to recover files.

Computer First Aid Using Knoppix

More about knoppix here http://www.bayviewinternet.com/index.php?pageID=66
    Last edited by zep516; 03-08-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Default Re:

I would suggest Stellar Phoenix Partition Recovery software which is safe and secure. They follow up scanning procedures to analyze the drive for lost information, recover it and safely restore it. The applications are graphically rich and hence can be easily used by user with no prior technical skills. These software can be used in any case in which user loses data logically.
    Last edited by Canuck; 03-30-2009 at 10:09 PM.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aoki_Devon View Post
    I would suggest Stellar Phoenix Partition Recovery software which is safe and secure. They follow up scanning procedures to analyze the drive for lost information, recover it and safely restore it. The applications are graphically rich and hence can be easily used by user with no prior technical skills. These software can be used in any case in which user loses data logically.
    As useful as that software is, it isn't free and isn't suitable for solving the poster's problem. It has to be installed into a working operating system and run from there. If you read the original post, you'll note that the machine isn't booting and the CD drive isn't working properly.

@ Khrizie You say you used Recovery Console to repair, but not what that was. Was it a Repair Install?

It sounds as though your hard drive is about to expire - if not already, so follow Zep's advice and get your files off ASAP. If using a flashdrive to copy to, ensure it's plugged in before loading Knoppix. Once the files are rescued, get a tech to look at the machine. Laptops are not easy to work on if you don't have the expertise, so don't try.
    Last edited by Canuck; 03-30-2009 at 10:09 PM.

if you already deleated the partition use easuse partition recovery.

but if the partiton is still there then if you are using xp there is a option where it replaces all of your system files and taht should fix it

Blog Entries

At the risk of repeating myself, Easus Data Recovery must be run from within a working operating system, as with Stellar Phoenix Partition Recovery. That would mean installing the drive as a slave into another machine, or as an external drive within a USB case. If the drive is damaged, nothing will be recoverable. Even if you can get access, corrupted system files won't be recoverable, nor will the boot sector, so it isn't possible to restore a working, bootable operating system using either program.

Once again, the software isn't free.

no you could have ubuntu on a usb drive and run it inside of wine and it works wonders i do it every time i messup my coding when i make a new program and it corrupts my vista partiton

Blog Entries

What you are doing is the same as Knoppix - running a live linux-based operating system to recover files. Knoppix is made specifically for that purpose.

A corrupted partition isn't the same thing as a corrupted boot sector, which is probably the cause of the posters problem.