Unhappy Mac G4 problem...can use some help!

Hi:

I have a Mac G4 that is around 10 years old. My operating system is OS 9. It has been very reliable, and I have never had any problems with it until now.

This morning I went to boot my system. It started as any other day. But, after the operating system window came up with the icons at the bottom of the screen, a window appeared afterward stating that there was a 'Time Sychronization' error #41. I manually shut down the system and tried again to re-boot. The error window came up just like the first time. I again, manually shut down. I then tried by-passing the extensions folder hoping to get to my desktop by rebooting holding down the shift key. The system restarted, and as the OS 9 window appeared it did say that the extensions folder was 'off' but then, the same error window appeared afterward stating error #41 and to restart. Now my G4 is in this error loop and I can't get into my desktop or hard-drive.

Can anyone help me with this situation? Money is very tight with people today. I do 'not' trust just anyone fixing my G4, and possibly taking advantage of my pocketbook if the problem is just a simple one.

I would appreciate any help someone can give me. You can contact me at hjannmagic@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    H. Jann

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This site deals primarily with Windows-based systems. You may well find that, by posting your problem on a dedicated Mac forum, you'll get an answer much quicker. Try this one.

Good luck.

BTW, remove your email address or you'll be inundated with spam.