Thread: Mouse

Cool Mouse

Having trouble with mouse. Mouse jumps to the left and just shakes. And will not move .When I try to click on something it jumps to the left snd shakes.How do I fix that.

Acer Aspire Note Book
    Model 5315-2940
    Windows Vista Home Addition

Is this a touchpad mouse or external?

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This sounds familiar. If it's an external mouse, is it a Microsoft Basic Optical? What you describe was a common problem with that model. Try this...

Click on Start, Control Panel and change the view to Classic View. Now scroll down to Mouse and open it. Under the tab Pointer Options, uncheck Enhance pointer precision then click on Apply and OK.

Again, if this is an optical mouse, you may find it works better on a black surface. Try turning your mouse mat over!

My trouble the mouse will not say still long enough where I can click to get into the control panel. I will try to move it to start and it will jump back. Also I try to use the touch pad on the lap top and it dose the same thing.

Blog Entries

Do you still have the mouse plugged in when using the touchpad?

No I disconnect the the mouse and try to use the touch pad and it dose the same thing

Blog Entries

OK, you'll need to replicate all mouse moves using just the keyboard, as follows....

Start by clicking on the Windows key which has a flag icon, often top right of the keyboard. When the start menu opens, use your arrow keys to navigate to Control Panel and press Enter. If you need to switch to Classic View, tap on the Tab key until the Switch to Classic view is selected then press Enter. Again, use the arrow keys to move the selection down to Mouse and press Enter. Tap the Tab key until you see the Buttons tab highlighted, then use the right arrow key to move to Pointer Options. Now use the Tab key to select the Enhance pointer precision option, then press the - minus/dash key to deselect. Finally use Tab key to select the Apply button and press Enter, and do the same for OK.

Now see if your mouse works OK. If not, consider updating the drivers for the touchpad from the Acer site.

Smile Mouse

Thank You so much for your kindness. The info you gave me fixed the mouse. I love to work on the computor but this has been a stressful day.
    Thank You Again
    gngrjenningshelp

Blog Entries

Glad to have been of assistance. Have fun.