Default Installation unsuccessful

I downloaded and attempted to install DriverMax. No success, showing:
    C:\ProgramFiles\InnovativeSolutions\Drivermax\DPInstx86\dpinst.exe
    An error occurred while trying to rename the file in the destination directory. Move File failed error 32. The process cannot access the file as it is being used by another process.
    Options: Abort - Retry - Ignore.
    I tried them all, to no avail.

I have done start > search > files and folder for the left over items as I did have the software installed, but removed it by mistake with Revo uninstaller. I deleted the empty 'Innovative Solutions folder' but still it will not install showing the above error continually.

I am running Windows XP/SP3

I would also like an opinion on the software if possible.

I would be grateful of any assistance...thanks.

Edit: I found the answer Arraknid as I remembered asking this question before....
    Last edited by tallin; 03-16-2009 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Found the answer after posting the request....

I never had a problem installing drivermax, but as for my opinion:

- ok for driver backup. It's the only free one, so use it.
    - avoid for driver update. Use RadarSync for drivers update instead

Default Would not run for me

Hi seank,

Welcome here to this great forum. Thanks for posting the link, but do read on.

I downloaded and installed RadarSync from your link but it would not run for me, said I had to connect to the internet. I have a broadband connection and everything else works wonderfully well.

I uninstalled with Revo uninstaller without having the chance to test the software

Any ideas at all?

kind regards,

Edit: I am running a network here with two computers, this PC and a Laptop. I had success downloading and installing RadarSync on the Laptop, but still on the PC I am told to connect to the internet to run the software. Of course I am connected. Any help would be appreciated...thanks
    Last edited by tallin; 03-17-2009 at 11:53 PM.