Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: network cards

Default network cards

i have a desktop pc that doesnt recognize the internet does that mean that my network card is out

Default network

can anyone help me please

See the link and try some of the ideas presented, let us know what you tried,

Troubleshooting Internet connection problems - Before Hours - Geekgirl's Blog

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You need to provide a lot more info than that! Make of PC, operating system, how you connect to the internet usually, router/modem model, any recently installed software or hardware, etc, etc.

The more you tell us, the easier it is for us to help you.

And please don't start new threads asking the same question!!!

i have a compaq sr2010nx and its not seeing the network connection dont know if im missing files or if the network card is working im not a expert at this what else do you need

What errors are you getting when you try to connect?

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That machine has an ethernet connection. Are you using that? In other words, do you have a cable connecting the computer to a router, or do you have a dialup connection, or are you using a wireless connection via a usb dongle?

Quote Originally Posted by arraknid View Post
    That machine has an ethernet connection. Are you using that? In other words, do you have a cable connecting the computer to a router, or do you have a dialup connection, or are you using a wireless connection via a usb dongle?
    using a wireless adapter

Member Help2Go Moderator

Check your device manager by going to the start menu > click "run" > type "devmgmt.msc" (works for 2000/xp/vista) > press OK.

Once in the device manager check to make sure you don't see any yellow question marks or exclamation points. If you do then you're missing software that runs some of your hardware.

If you don't then there has to be another reason. You could check to make sure the software for your wireless card is installed like the Intel Wireless Management utility or the D-Link connection manager software...etc.etc.

Now, are you able to see wireless networks and not join them or do you not even see them?

Quote Originally Posted by PartieHonteuse View Post
    Check your device manager by going to the start menu > click "run" > type "devmgmt.msc" (works for 2000/xp/vista) > press OK.

Once in the device manager check to make sure you don't see any yellow question marks or exclamation points. If you do then you're missing software that runs some of your hardware.

If you don't then there has to be another reason. You could check to make sure the software for your wireless card is installed like the Intel Wireless Management utility or the D-Link connection manager software...etc.etc.

Now, are you able to see wireless networks and not join them or do you not even see them?
    hope your still here but i got a yellow ? beside pci device pci scc sm bus controller and pci bridge can i get them back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast