Default MSN Hotmail Account

I cannot open my mail. When I go to the help desk, it say 'temporarily out of order' but that has been for over 24 hours now. It may be something simple but, can anyone suggest action !

What exactly is happening? and how are you accessing the mailbox?

I have a hotmail account, and can confirm all is well with them at the moment.

Default Hotmail problems

Thank you for taking the time of replying to my E-Mail.

I have spent 24 hours at this. It has actually now decided to work again. I do not know if it was something I did. I checked everything on the computer, took off a load of hardware and defragmented it.

I could sign in to my hotmail account, but could not open or send any E-Mails.

I might need to know what to do if this happens again?

Thanks

This has happened to me before, and to be bias, it was MSIE's fault (Microsoft Internet Explorer). Using the program Ccleaner cleared the cookie's and other temporary internet files, one of which i presume was corrupted, and the problem went away instantly.

However, i have also heard thru the grapevine that Windows Live (which is now what hotmail is called) was doing some testing on its new email system, and some were affected, so it may be a one off for you.

Have you upgraded to the new windows live?

It now listens to your default choice of browser, allowing you to open your mailbox in a third party browser such as Firefox!

If you have never heard of Ccleaner, its recommended by this site, as a weekly cleanup tool to keep your computer running smoothly

Ccleaner

1. Download Ccleaner from THIS link (click here)
    2. From your default download location, please double-click the ccsetup.exe icon
    3. After allowing the setup to run, accept all the defaults up to this point:
      Install Options
      Select any additional options:

At this point, please UNcheck the following unless you REALLY want them:
      • Add a desktop shortcut
      • Add start menu shortcut
      • Add 'run Ccleaner' option to Recycle Bin context menu
      • Add Ccleaner Yahoo! toolbar and use Ccleaner from your browser

Leaving just 'Add 'open CCleaner' option to recycle bin context menu' and 'Automatically Check for updates to CCleaner', then click 'Ok'
    4. Click 'Finnish'
    5. If you installed it as above, and the program does not open automatically, Right-Click your Recycle Bin, and choose 'Open Ccleaner'. Otherwise, double-click the icon on your desktop.
    6. Using the default settings, click 'Run Cleaner' in the bottom right of this screen.
    7. After the cleaning is complete, click 'Analyze' and see if any results display, if so, run the cleaner again.
    8. Close the cleaner

Note:This site does not condone the use of Registry cleaners. Please DO NOT use the registry cleaning option unless you KNOW what you are doing!

Default Hotmail problems

Thank you sooooo much for all your help and advice.

No problem, i hope you have no more troubles.

Updating to the latest version of Windows Live Messenger should help you with this, if you are using the embedded link to access your email account:

Messenger - Windows Live