Default login black screen

ok i am using windows vista home premium and when i try to login i just get a black screen with the cursor and i googled the problem and it told me to go to t1ask manager and i can i do the 3 finger salute and click task manager and it dosent pop up! and i also tryed to edit the registry but when i try to do what they tell me to do which is to load the a file c'alled system to a hive it says that i don have premision to use the file it is already in use "and yes i am on a admin account" so anybody need help please it would be greatfull if anyone coud help me with out reinstalling vista becouse the computer contains paient records"it is a doctor office computer"

Why aren't the patient records on a back up drive or other media??

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi Tazs_10,

I suggest you have a tech come in and take a look at it if you don't have an IT at the office. We cannot/will not take responsibility for helping out on a business and especially a medical office computer. Help2go is here to help people on their home computers only, and when an individual asks for help, it is their own responsibility should something go wrong. With a business, it could set you or us up for potential legal action.

You've stated that you've tried to go into the registry, unless you are proficient with computers you shouldn't be attempting to change it.

As zep rightly asks, don't you have these records backed up? You should.

I will leave this thread open, but ask our members not to assist if the above is the case.