Thread: thunderbird

Smile thunderbird

I use Thunderbird email(Firefox), and I need help as to how I can block unwanted emails from coming into my email. Lately I have been getting so many, and I would like to block them from coming in.
    Last edited by MDFH; 03-25-2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: needed more info and want to make NOT private

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I knew you could create a post no problem There's a built-in solution in Thunderbird ( see below). There are other filters out there, so stay tuned, I'm sure others will give you some suggestions.

Thunderbird/Mozilla Mail & Newsgroups: If you use one of these two programs, you are in luck: Both incorporate a statistical-analysis junk-mail filter comparable to SpamBayes. But both also need a jump-start of this feature for full functionality. Choose Tools,Junk Mail Controls, check the first two options under Handling to have messages suspected of being junk moved to the Junk folder, and click OK (see Figure 1

FIGURE 1: Turn Thunderbird loose on spam by enabling and then adjusting its Junk folder settings.
    ). To help the programs build a database of known spam-message characteristics, select one or more messages that you know to be spam in the Inbox or any other folder, and then click the Junk toolbar icon. Inspect your Junk folder often at first--and if a good message finds its way there, select it and click the Not Junk icon. After a short training period, the program will automatically sort your e-mail with surprising accuracy.
    Excerpt from http://pcworld.about.com/magazine/2306p146id120352.htm

Default Thunderbird mail help

I cannot locate the junk mail control window to work on getting rid of spam and unwanted emails autiomatically>please, help.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Try this link for instructions how to find it. This link will explain how to 'train' the filter.

Default junk email

Thanks so much for your help.
    Di