Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy printer page too large

Help, when I start to print something off, the page is too large and I cannot see to hit the "print" button....I have Windows XPwith a Dell printer 922, how do I resize this window...all of the other pages are fine

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You need to give a much fuller decription of the problem you have. What program are you printing from?

If you can provide a screen grab it would help.

first of all I am a beginner computer user...I was trying to copy a paper that I had sent to a file...when I pulled up the paper from the file, I hit the "file" button, then, "print", the printer sent up the page where you can determine if it is in color, black and white, size, etc,,,that page is too large for my computer screen, and I could not hit the "copy" button at the bottom of the screen because the page is too large..I need to know how to reduce the size of that page the printer sent up...thanks

I don't know how to provide the "screen"

When you get back to the screen, try holding Ctrl and pressing the - key (located directly to the right of the zero key on the top row of numbers)

This will decrease the size in some applications, but not all.

Alternatively, hold the mouse pointer over the left edge of the box, if it turns to a double headed arrow, left-click and hold, and drag the edge to the left. release the mouse button, then left-click the top of the box and try and drag it to the left.

Alternatively, try the same as before, but from the top edge, dragging down, then clicking near the top to drag the whole window upover.

If this does not work, you may try resetting your resolution to a higher setting.

If you need clarification on these steps, let me know.

O. K. I tried the control key and the- key, no luck...I can drag the page down, but cannot drag either side, or from the bottom. I can only drag from the top.I do not get any double headed arrows. what do I do now?? I really appreciate your help...thanks

I can't fine where to change the resolution settings.....

That is an odd problem you have there of all the printers I have used I have never seen the printer page open to big, opening Print from the file menu and it can not be re -sized in the normal way an can only be dragged from the top as you indicate.

Has this printer page ever opened correctly[ smaller] for you when opening print from the file menu?

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Zep is right, this isn't normal. I suspect it's something in the preview settings of the program. I asked you previously what program you are printing from, but you haven't answered. Is it something like Word? Or are you merely selecting the file and selecting Print from the right click menu? Please give us more info.

I copied some information on the internet, sent that information to a file,,later, opened the file and the file came up with adobe reader...I then clicked on the little printer picture and it took me to my printer page where you select the color or black and white, copies, ect.,this page is what is too large for my computer screen, I cannot print the page off, because the print buttons are hidden.I am sorry I am such a problem, but am 70 years old and just now learning to use the computer....I have used the printer page before and everything came up normal, the right size, could it have something to do with the adobe reader page???thank you both so much..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast