Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: persdata7.com?

Default persdata7.com?

Hi,
    I am not sure if I have a problem or not but I wanted to check something with you guys.

Two nights ago I received a text message to my mobile phone from a number I didn't know warning me that my personal data and banking details were posted on the website http://persdata7.com

When I went to the website there was a page asking me to wait 15 seconds to see my details. I waited a while (much longer than 15 seconds) but nothing happened, even after refreshing the page.

I Googled http://persdata7.com The first thing returned was "Malware Domain List". When I looked at this page there was the following warning:

"All domains on this website should be considered dangerous. If you do not know what you are doing here, it is recommended you leave right away. This website is a resource for security professionals and enthusiasts."

And "persdata7" was listed under the heading Domain, in the column next to it the date was "26/03/2009", and another column listed "business2.whbdns.com" under the heading "Reverse lookup".

This struck me as not being a good thing.

However, I have Norton antivirus software installed, and my computer seems fine. I ran the steps listed on the Spyware Help Forum “Before posting read this” and Help2Go Detective directions (the only thing I haven’t run is hijack this, because I don’t have an obvious problem to fix) and removed some things but nothing seemed major or mentioned persdata7.

But although there is nothing obviously wrong with my computer I am worried that perhaps my computer has a virus that will, for example, send my bank details to somebody or something similar (the date on the "Malware Domain List" was so recent I am worried the anti spyware, antivirus software will not be up-to-date enough to stop the persdata7 virus).

So I was wondering if anybody could answer the following questions;
    - Has anybody heard of persdata7?
    - Is there anything I can do to check if my computer is infected (beyond the steps listed on the Spyware Help Forum and Help2Go Detective directions)?
    - If so is there anything I can do to fix it?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Chances are you recieved the text message as Spam. They were probably hoping that you'd go to their site and hand over your banking information. As it is, your ISP or anti spam outfit got in there and banned the site. It sounds like you did the right thing in running our suggested programs. If it will give you further peace of mind, by all means post your HJT log and we'll get an expert to take a look at it.

ENTERED

Thank you Canuck,

Your advice is reassuring. I have pasted my HiJack This log below, and would appreciate it if somebody did check it for me.

Maybe I'm a little paranoid but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Dave

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 13:35:04, on 29/03/2009
    Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16809)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
    C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Utilities\KeNotify.exe
    C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\IDM\Desktop SMS\DesktopSMS.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Toshiba Online Product Information\TOPI.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe
    C:\Windows\ZSSnp211.exe
    C:\Windows\Domino.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe
    C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Windows Mail\WinMail.exe
    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynToshiba.exe
    C:\Program Files\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\mobsync.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSwMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbarUser.exe
    C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10a.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = Google
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = Google
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = Live Search
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Live Search
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = MSN.com
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
    O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
    O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
    O2 - BHO: NCO 2.0 IE BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\2.6\coIEPlg.dll
    O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\IDS\IPSBHO.dll
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.0.926.3450\swg.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_219B3E1547538286.dll
    O2 - BHO: SingleInstance Class - {FDAD4DA1-61A2-4FD8-9C17-86F7AC245081} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\YTSingleInstance.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Windows Live Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\2.6\CoIEPlg.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KeNotify] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Utilities\KeNotify.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SVPWUTIL] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Utilities\SVPWUTIL.exe SVPwUTIL
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HWSetup] \HWSetup.exe hwSetUP
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPwrMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HSON] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\TBS\HSON.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] %ProgramFiles%\Toshiba\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [00TCrdMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Desktop SMS] C:\Program Files\IDM\Desktop SMS\DesktopSMS.exe /auto
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [topi] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Toshiba Online Product Information\topi.exe -startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Skytel] Skytel.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPStart] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPStart.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Toshiba Registration] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Registration\ToshibaRegistration.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZSSnp211] C:\Windows\ZSSnp211.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Domino] C:\Windows\Domino.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton 360 Premier Edition\osCheck.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_9
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RegistryMechanic] C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RMTray.exe /H
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Windows Live Search - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll/search.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Windows &Live Favorites - Add to Windows Live Favorites
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra button: eBay.co.uk - Buy It Sell It Love It - {76577871-04EC-495E-A12B-91F7C3600AFA} - eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace (file missing)
    O9 - Extra button: Skype - {77BF5300-1474-4EC7-9980-D32B190E9B07} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Amazon.co.uk - {8A918C1D-E123-4E36-B562-5C1519E434CE} - Amazon.co.uk: low prices in Electronics, Books, Music, DVDs & more (file missing)
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: eBay - {C08CAF1D-C0A3-40D5-9970-06D067EAC017} - eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace (file missing)
    O13 - Gopher Prefix:
    O16 - DPF: {2D8ED06D-3C30-438B-96AE-4D110FDC1FB8} (ActiveScan 2.0 Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/actives.../as2stubie.cab
    O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w3/pr01...PUplden-gb.cab
    O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
    O23 - Service: Agere Modem Call Progress Audio (AgereModemAudio) - Agere Systems - C:\Windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuComServer_3_4.EXE
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Navi Support Service (TNaviSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER\TNaviSrv.exe
    O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Optical Disc Drive Service (TODDSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\TODDSrv.exe
    O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Power Saver (TosCoSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TosCoSrv.exe
    O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Bluetooth Service - Unknown owner - c:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtSrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe

--
    End of file - 13901 bytes
    Last edited by Canuck; 03-29-2009 at 10:29 AM.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi Dave,

Our experts are busy right now, but I will bring your log to their attention, we appreciate your patience. In the meantime, you can clean up your Toshiba's startup and this will free up memory for you, giving you more speed. Please follow these instructions:

Trim down the number of startup processes on your machine, designated 04. You have 40, when under normal conditions, between 4 and 6 is all that's necessary. The more you have, the longer the machine takes to complete its startup and you are also using RAM unnecessarily.

First, download StartupLite by MalwareBytes to your Desktop.
    • Doubleclick StartupLite.exe to launch the program.
    • Ensure the Disable box is checked.
    • Click Continue.
    • A pop up message will tell you the unecessary startup items in your list have been disabled and ask you to restart your computer.
    • Re-start your computer.

Second, download and install The PC Decrapifier follow directions and select the ones that you don't want. This program identifies the crap trials and links that PC manufactures throw in, that for the most part are just a waste of space and memory.

Now run HiJackThis again and see how many 04 entries are left.

Next, go here SystemLookup - Startup List >, highlight the .exe file on each 04 entry and Copy (one by one) & Paste into the white box and click the search button (magnifying glass). The next window will tell you what the .exe does. If there is a Y, leave the entry, if U you must decide if you need that utility at your finger tips 'right now' or instead, check the box off and shut the .exe down .. this does not delete the program, instead, all you have to do if you want to access it is either go to Start > All Programs or click on a shortcut on your desktop (not in the tray at the bottom right next to the time) Entries for Printers, Graphic/photo programs and programs like MS Office do not need to be running. There is also an N for not needed, check the box on these. If noted as an X or ? leave alone and an expert will tell you how to handle them. In HJT, after you've checked the box next to the ones you want stopped, click the Fix Checked button and reboot the machine.

Download CCleaner and run it with its default settings (do not use the included Registry Cleaner as most reg cleaners cause more problems than they fix).

Note: When looking up these entries, you may encounter multiple definitions. Look at the beginning of the 04 line and you'll note the name, usually in brackets [ ], you need to match this up with the definition under the Name column.

NOTE: Do not delete antivirus or firewall programs (you should only have one antivirus program running). Leave mouse pad entries if using a laptop.

I also note you have a Registry cleaner, and as stated with the Ccleaner advice above, registry cleaners can cause more problems than they fix. It certainly doesn't need to be running at startup at a minimum.

After you've done the above, please post a new HJT log.

Hi Canuck and thanks again,

I've been trying to follow your advise but have hit several problems.

1. I followed your instructions on Startup Lite, but when it came to disable the unnecessary programs I got a separate error message for each on saying "Error on <programme name> There was an error creating a MSConfig key".

2. PC Decrapifier seemed to work fine.

3. I ran HiJack This, and went to SystemLookup - Startup List. I had 38 O4 items. I started checking them, for each one I got a list of things, they told me what they did but I just wasn't sure if it was important, or even what it meant in many cases, so I didn't want to delete them in case they were helpful. I also found many X's and fewer U's.

4. I ran CCleaner.

Below is my new HiJack This log. Below that is a log from Panda Scan, which I am not sure what to do with.

Best wishes,
    Dave

Scan saved at 20:53:05, on 04/04/2009

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Utilities\KeNotify.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Toshiba Online Product Information\TOPI.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
    C:\Windows\ZSSnp211.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RMTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
    C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSwMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe
    C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbarUser.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = Live Search
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
    O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
    O2 - BHO: NCO 2.0 IE BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\2.6\coIEPlg.dll
    O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\IDS\IPSBHO.dll
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.0.926.3450\swg.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_219B3E1547538286.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Windows Live Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\2.6\CoIEPlg.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SVPWUTIL] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Utilities\SVPWUTIL.exe SVPwUTIL
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Desktop SMS] C:\Program Files\IDM\Desktop SMS\DesktopSMS.exe /auto
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [topi] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Toshiba Online Product Information\topi.exe -startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Toshiba Registration] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Registration\ToshibaRegistration.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton 360 Premier Edition\osCheck.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_9
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RegistryMechanic] C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RMTray.exe /H
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Windows Live Search - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll/search.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Windows &Live Favorites - Add to Windows Live Favorites
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra button: eBay.co.uk - Buy It Sell It Love It - {76577871-04EC-495E-A12B-91F7C3600AFA} - eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace (file missing)
    O9 - Extra button: Skype - {77BF5300-1474-4EC7-9980-D32B190E9B07} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Amazon.co.uk - {8A918C1D-E123-4E36-B562-5C1519E434CE} - Amazon.co.uk: low prices in Electronics, Books, Music, DVDs & more (file missing)
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: eBay - {C08CAF1D-C0A3-40D5-9970-06D067EAC017} - eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace (file missing)
    O13 - Gopher Prefix:
    O16 - DPF: {2D8ED06D-3C30-438B-96AE-4D110FDC1FB8} (ActiveScan 2.0 Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/actives.../as2stubie.cab
    O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w3/pr01...PUplden-gb.cab
    O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
    O23 - Service: Agere Modem Call Progress Audio (AgereModemAudio) - Agere Systems - C:\Windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuComServer_3_4.EXE
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Navi Support Service (TNaviSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER\TNaviSrv.exe
    O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Optical Disc Drive Service (TODDSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\TODDSrv.exe
    O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Power Saver (TosCoSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TosCoSrv.exe
    O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Bluetooth Service - Unknown owner - c:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtSrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe

--
    End of file - 13035 bytes

.....................................................................................

PANDA SCAN......................................................................
    «« Back to home
    Export to:
    Threats with free disinfection (1)
    Low danger level (1)

Generic Malwar... Virus Latent Hide
    + Info

1. C:\Program Files\myphotobook\xtras\process.exe
    Only available for registered users.
    Register free - I'm registered
    Threats disinfected with the paid version (7)
    Low danger level (7)

Cookie/Webtren... Tracking Cookie Latent Hide
    + Info

1. C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Wind...w\david@statse.webtrendslive[1].txt

Cookie/Serving... Tracking Cookie Latent Hide
    + Info

1. C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Wind...ies\Low\david@bs.serving-sys[1].txt

Cookie/Mediapl... Tracking Cookie Latent Hide
    + Info

1. C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Wind...\Cookies\Low\david@mediaplex[1].txt

Cookie/Serving... Tracking Cookie Latent Hide
    + Info

1. C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Wind...ookies\Low\david@serving-sys[1].txt

Cookie/NewMedi... Tracking Cookie Latent Hide
    + Info

1. C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\david@anm.co[1].txt

Cookie/Atlas D... Tracking Cookie Latent Hide
    + Info

1. C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\david@atdmt[2].txt

Cookie/Doublec... Tracking Cookie Latent Hide
    + Info

1. C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Wind...ookies\Low\david@doubleclick[2].txt
    Only available in paid version.
    Buy - I am a client
    Vulnerabilities (3)
    MS08-001 Medium + Info

MS07-069 High + Info

MS07-057 High + Info

MS08-001
    Threat Level Damage Distribution

At a glance Tech details | Solution

Nombre común:
    MS08-001
    Nombre técnico:
    MS08-001
    Peligrosidad:
    Media
    Alias:
    Vulnerabilities in TCP/IP, Vulnerabilidades en TCP/IP
    Tipo:
    Vulnerabilidad

Efectos:
    It is a group of critical vulnerabilities in TCP/IP on Windows Vista/2003/XP/2000 computers, which allows hackers to gain remote control of the affected computer and denial of service attacks to be launched.
    Plataformas que infecta:
    Windows 2003/XP/2000
    Fecha de detección:
    09/01/2008
    Detección actualizada:
    09/01/2008
    Estadísticas
    No
    Descripción Breve
    MS08-001 is not categorized as virus, worm, Trojan or backdoor. It is a group of critical vulnerabilities in TCP/IP on Windows Vista/2003/XP/2000 computers, which allows arbitrary code to be remotely executed in the vulnerable computer and denial of service attacks to be launched.
    TCP/IP is the suite of communication protocols used for sending data over networks.
    The addressed vulnerabilities are:
    • Windows Kernel TCP/IP/IGMPv3 and MLDv2 Vulnerability: a remote code execution vulnerability that allows hackers to gain remote control of the affected computer with the same privileges as the logged on user.
    • Windows Kernel TCP/IP/ICMP Vulnerability: a denial of service vulnerability that could cause the affected system to stop responding and automatically restart.
    This vulnerability is usually exploited by creating a specially crafted packet and sending it to a vulnerable computer.

If you have a Windows Vista/2003/XP/2000 computer, it is recommended to download and apply the security patch for this vulnerability. Click here to access the web page for downloading the patch.
    Moreover, bear in mind that this bulletin replaces a previous one, called MS06-032.
    Last updated: 09/01/2008
    Virus News
    3/2/09.-VideoPlay adware infections grew 400% in February through malicious use of Web 2.0 pages
    2/19/09.-Sality.AO, a virus that takes us back to the future
    2/10/09.-And the Oscar goes to… Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise
    [+ Noticias]
    MS08-001

Nombre común:
    MS08-001
    Nombre técnico:
    MS08-001
    Peligrosidad:
    Media
    Alias:
    Vulnerabilities in TCP/IP, Vulnerabilidades en TCP/IP
    Tipo:
    Vulnerabilidad

Efectos:
    It is a group of critical vulnerabilities in TCP/IP on Windows Vista/2003/XP/2000 computers, which allows hackers to gain remote control of the affected computer and denial of service attacks to be launched.
    Plataformas que infecta:
    Windows 2003/XP/2000
    Fecha de detección:
    09/01/2008
    Detección actualizada:
    09/01/2008
    Estadísticas
    No
    Descripción Breve
    MS08-001 is not categorized as virus, worm, Trojan or backdoor. It is a group of critical vulnerabilities in TCP/IP on Windows Vista/2003/XP/2000 computers, which allows arbitrary code to be remotely executed in the vulnerable computer and denial of service attacks to be launched.
    TCP/IP is the suite of communication protocols used for sending data over networks.
    The addressed vulnerabilities are:
    • Windows Kernel TCP/IP/IGMPv3 and MLDv2 Vulnerability: a remote code execution vulnerability that allows hackers to gain remote control of the affected computer with the same privileges as the logged on user.
    • Windows Kernel TCP/IP/ICMP Vulnerability: a denial of service vulnerability that could cause the affected system to stop responding and automatically restart.
    This vulnerability is usually exploited by creating a specially crafted packet and sending it to a vulnerable computer.

If you have a Windows Vista/2003/XP/2000 computer, it is recommended to download and apply the security patch for this vulnerability. Click here to access the web page for downloading the patch.
    Moreover, bear in mind that this bulletin replaces a previous one, called MS06-032.
    Last updated: 09/01/2008
    Virus News
    3/2/09.-VideoPlay adware infections grew 400% in February through malicious use of Web 2.0 pages
    [+ Noticias]
    MS07-057

Common name:
    MS07-057
    Technical name:
    MS07-057
    Threat level:
    Medium
    Alias:
    Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
    Type:
    Vulnerability

Effects:
    It is a group of vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer versions 5.01 and 6 SP1 in Windows 2000, 6 on Windows 2003/XP computers and 7 in Windows Vista/2003/XP, which allows hackers to gain remote control of the affected computer with the same privileges as the logged on user.
    Affected platforms:
    Other
    First detected on:
    Oct. 10, 2007
    Detection updated on:
    Oct. 10, 2007
    Statistics
    No
    Brief Description
    MS07-057 is not categorized as virus, worm, Trojan or backdoor. It is a group of critical vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer on Windows Vista/2003/XP/2000 computers, which allows arbitrary code to be remotely executed in the vulnerable computer. Affected versions of Internet Explorer are 5.01, 6 SP1, 6, and 7.
    If exploited successfully, MS07-057 allows hackers to gain remote control of the affected computer with the same privileges as the logged on user. If this user had administrator rights , the hacker could take complete control of the system: create, modify or delete files, install programs, create new user accounts, etc.
    These vulnerabilities are usually exploited by creating a specially crafted web page and enticing users into accessing it. The link to the website can be distributed using several methods, such as email, instant messaging programs, etc.
    If you have any of the vulnerable versions of Internet Explorer, it is recommended to download and apply the security patch for this vulnerability. Click here to access the web page for downloading the patch. However, provided that this is a cumulative patch, make sure that you download the latest security patch available.
    Last updated: 10/10/2007
    Virus News
    [+ Noticias]

Dave1978,

I'll put something together for you on these 04's It will be a bit though.

zep

Thank you Zep,

Best wishes,
    Dave

Hi,
    Dave1978

Important Close all browser windows including this one when using HJT only have HJT open when removing these entries in bold below:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" –atboottime
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe Leave this one only if you use the paid version of SUPERAntiSpyware
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RegistryMechanic] C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RMTray.exe /H We do not recommend using Registry cleaners of any type

Click Fixed checked

Close HJT
    Post a fresh HJT Log

Lets see whats left there may be more to do.

hijackthis creates backups if any functionally is lost it can be restored, in fact take a look at it after you remove these entries, open hijackthis scroll down to review list of backups there you will see what has been removed an gives you a restore option I just want to bring this to you attention in case that option is needed.

Do not use hijackthis unless being guided by someone.
    Last edited by zep516; 04-07-2009 at 01:27 AM.

Hi Zep516,

Thank you for your guidance. I have done as you advised and have pasted the new HJT log below.

Best wishes,
    Dave

Scan saved at 23:09:13, on 18/04/2009

Running processes:
    C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPStart.exe

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.1.1309.3572\swg.dll
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Windows &Live Favorites - Sign In
    O13 - Gopher Prefix:

--
    End of file - 10423 bytes

Hi
    Dave78

You can remove these entries above also.
    That’s all I’m going to have you remove.

Useful link--> Help! My computer is slow

You may also consider this program it will provide you with a warning when a Start up entry is being added an give you the choice to accept it or not.
    BillP Studios: WinPatrol 2009 as well as a lot of other features.

How is the computer running?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast