Default my computer does not detect any cd/dvd room

Hi dear friends,

i have a Biostar P4M900-M7 motherboard wich is not detecting any IDE device cd,dvd room or hardrive, i have tried changing jumpers, new IDE cables , reseting Bios , changing the connfiguration from auto to manual and anything has resolved this issue, i would like to hear a feed back from you guy regarding this issue.

thanks!!!

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Click here, and download the file to your desktop. Then double click the file, confirm addition to the registry, and restart the computer.

See if that makes a difference.

i tried what you sent me , but i saw something interesting any cd or dvd room i tried is not power on, to check if it was a power supply issue i got a working power supply from another machine and the cd rooms still not powering on, the wierd thin is that the hardrive power on with both power supply so, what do you consider could be the problem.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Try switching the power cables from the PSU from feeding the Hard Drives to the CD/DVD drives, and vice versa. If the HD's fire up but still no CD/DVD drives, the problem is on the drive or the connection.