Default Screen enlarges when H2G threads are clicked open.

Why does my screen explode over the sides of my monitor when I open up a thread here at H2G. It's not like that when I scroll down looking at threads. Just when I access them. I'd like to be able to see the shout box on my left without having to re-adjust my screen with arrow at the bottom of page. How do I fix this?
    Thanks
    Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I think what happened is that when you ceated the HJT log the word pad should have been set to 'Word wrap' and the window would have been narrower. Without going in and editing the posts you made, the appearance will stay as it is. Next time you create a new thread, remember to set word wrap.

Thanks! When the time comes, How will I proceed to do this? And you do mean NEW thread & not New reply to former post. Right!!! Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

Basically, what this software does is look for a break in the line of text, and 'wrap' the rest of the line onto the line below, so:

example example example example example example example example example example

will find the nearest space to the left of the word that goes off the screen, and return the rest to the next line.

If these is no spaces at all, there is nowhere to break the line of text, so the forum software will just expand the thread to accommodate the longest line in the post without a break.

Try it! Reply to this post with a long line of random letters with no break, and submit.

Then edit the post, putting a few spaces in the line, and see what happens.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa,aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    WOW!!! That's wild!!! Now I get it! It's like coming up for breath. I'll go back to some of my former Posts to see what I typed when this happened. Thanks! Donna
    Last edited by DonnaB; 04-08-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Glad to be of assistance