Red face windows 7 video graphics card problem ...

I'm running Windows 7 (Build 7000) on an lenovo pc (Intel Pentium 4 - 2.8GHz, 2.00 GB RAM). my pc's actual graphics card is "Intel 82865G Graphics Controller" but windows 7 loads it as "standard VGA graphics card" which gives me a very bad video quality. howerver when i updated video graphics back to my "Intel 82865G Graphics Controller" & play any video or any desktop activity, computer hangs.

I keep having hard locks when using various software mostly involving video.

i tried changing carious 3d settings in opengl as well.

but one thing i've noticed is windows 7 comes preloaded with direct3D (direct x 11) but my graphics card is directx 9 . do u think theres a conflict ther?

Does anyone please please help me out of this??

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Windows 7 is in beta stage at the moment, so the sort of problem you describe is what you should be feeding back to Microsoft. That's the point of installing beta software - to iron out the bugs and problems.

To try to answer your question, the last driver update for that video card was over 2 years ago, so it's highly probable that the card isn't compatible with Win7, so it loads the VGA driver. The only way around it is to fit a compatible video card, which I guess would be a PCI Express rather than an AGP, so if you don't have a PCI Express slot, you are stuck with what you see.

Bear in mind that each time MS releases a new OS, manufacturers have to play catch up for some time, rewriting drivers and developing new compatible products, and as the retail release isn't due till January 2010, you may have a long wait.