Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2
    Points
    0

    Default Firefox browser problem

    I cannot use my firefox browser. When I click it, I get a message box saying that "nssutil3.dll" is missing and cannot be found. I removed the browser and downloaded a replacement and the new one gave the same message. I am using Windows XP on a HP Media Center Edition 2005. The Internet Explorer browser works ok. I discovered a second problem trying to correct this one. My restore function does not work. I haven't used it in years so it could have been out for some time. Would appreciate any suggestions.

  2. #2
    Member MrDarn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South East Northumberland
    Posts
    2,949
    Points
    557

    Default

    Hi there harrington and welcome to Help2go.

    Do you have Bitdefender installed?

  3. #3
    Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    6,151
    Points
    1293
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    First thing to do is look in the Firefox folder in Program files to see if the file is present. Alternatively, do a search for nssutil3.dll. If you find it, rename the file to nssutil3.dll.old. Next download a replacement file from here and copy to the same folder. Does that make a difference?

    If not, go here and follow the instructions.

  4. #4
    Member MrDarn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South East Northumberland
    Posts
    2,949
    Points
    557

    Default

    If you do have bitdefender installed, try this link:
    Mozilla forums

    if not, see the above post

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2
    Points
    0

    Default Firefox browser problem

    Yes! I do have bit defender on that computer! I disabled it and downloaded a fresh firefox and it worked! thank you very much.

  6. #6
    Member MrDarn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South East Northumberland
    Posts
    2,949
    Points
    557

    Default

    Glad to be of service!

    Simply updating your bitdefender definitions as per the link would have done the trick tho. it was bitdefender flagging the file as a virus that was causing the problem, that was fixed and a new set of definitions released today.

    Bitdefender probably updated as you were downloading and renstalling firefox