Default Wireless Card Defective - Reset IP address

Wireless Card Defective - Reset IP address
    IP address is corrupt.
    Posted 5/2/09
    Problem: Able to connect to internet, but the IP address is defective.

I recently bought a TOSHIBA "satellite" model about 2,3 months ago which came with Windows Vista. I have been only unhappy to frustrated with vista.

Background:
    On 4/17/09 i was unable to connect to my wireless. I phoned up Toshiba, and the guy explained to me that i needed to "reset" the wireless link/card. The reason was, Windows Vista did an update and caused some kind of problem

with the wireless link/card. I did exactly what he told me to do and it worked perfectly.

on 4/28/09 I experienced the same problem, did this "reset" technique again and it worked perfectly.
    On 5/1/09 in the evening, I had the same problem did this "reset" technique but it did not work well. I knew i was connected because the icon in the lower right showed I was connected but I was unable to reach websites i.e.

yahoo.com

5/2/09 I phoned up TOSHIBA. The woman again said Windows Vista automatically updated the computer and in the process caused the IP Address to become defective.
    She said the only way to solve this problem is to re install the operating system. She said that this is not a TOSHIBA problem but a Windows Vista problem.

I told her that for toshiba to endorse Windows vista which "updates" computers like this causing such defects is irresponsible, unethical and immoral. I do not have the time to reinstall windows, reinstall all my old programs, and transfer

all my data onto an external hard drive.

Please advise me what to do!
    1. Should I purchase windows XP off of ebay.com?
    2. Should I sell my toshiba computer online and use that money to buy and "older" computer with "windows xp?"

***Also, does anybody know of other websites/forums that I can post this question at? Have you guys used others that you liked?

Please help!
    jsvlad@yahoo.com

Hi there jsvlad, and welcome to the forum!

Firstly, you may want to remove the email address from your post. forum bots thrive on that sort of thing, and you'll get lots of spam. We dont provide email responces, we like to keep it in the forum so others with the same problem can benifit.

Now, your problem:

Its a vista problem, you need to reinstall
    This is call center speak for "i havent got a clue what to do, so i'm taking an easy route, even though the problem will reoccur when the update is reapplied."

If you do seek help elswhere, please let us know so we dont spend too much time putting answers together. Its a bad idea to have more than one forum working your problem.

The first thing to try would be System Restore. Restore the system to a time when the card worked, then stop automatic windows updates.

You will have to manually look for updates in the future, but we'll show you how to do that if you have problems.

let me know how system restore goes, and please, if you are confused by anything we ask you to do, please ask for more instructions. we will be only too pleased to word things differently so you understand, or explain something in detail if you have not done something before.

Good luck!

Mr Darn