Thumbs up Irritating Pop ups

When I start my computer ( running XP Professional ) A Windows Genuine Advantage Pop Up Appears, How do i get rid of it ? Can you help please: confused

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi Rob,

The message comes up because the WGA utility is asking you to confirm that you have a legitimate copy of XP. If you do have a legit copy, call Microsoft and they can fix things for you. If you are running a pirated XP then we cannot help you get around this, as it's illegal.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you are getting that pop up, your version of XP has been identified as illegal and, as such, we aren't able to offer you any assistance.

If you feel your installation is legal, go here using Internet Explorer and click on Validate Windows.

If the installation is validated as legal, you need to contact Microsoft.

EDIT>>> Sorry Canuck, crosspost.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    Hi Rob,

The message comes up because the WGA utility is asking you to confirm that you have a legitimate copy of XP. If you do have a legit copy, call Microsoft and they can fix things for you. If you are running a pirated XP then we cannot help you get around this, as it's illegal.
    Thank you for your assistance, my copy of XP was loaded by the dealer from which i bought the PC, After it went wrong it was Re Installed but i was not given the disc, I have no reason to believe its not a legal copy, and will take your advice and try to Validate it
    Thanks again
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by arraknid View Post
    If you are getting that pop up, your version of XP has been identified as illegal and, as such, we aren't able to offer you any assistance.

If you feel your installation is legal, go here using Internet Explorer and click on Validate Windows.

If the installation is validated as legal, you need to contact Microsoft.

EDIT>>> Sorry Canuck, crosspost.
    Thanks for your help, Ihave no reason to believe my copy of XP is not legal, although i dont think its been validated after it was Re lnstalled, I will take your advice and contact Microsoft
    Thanks again
    Rob