Cool colour problem on xp system

Have recently purchased a second hand computer, with xp system. I have tried to alter the colour settings and found that there is no red hue. So my screen is relatively blue looking. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

by the way have tested screen, and its fine. Video graphics card maybe??

How did you test the screen?

Its possibly a driver issue.

Seriously though, if this is really a second hand computer, you should SERIOUSLY consider reinstalling the operating system before doing anything else.
    You have no idea what this PC has been used for in the past, or what viruses it may contain. Worst case, it could ave a Keylogger and backdoor installed which will enable someone to completly take control of your computer, stealing any personal info or passwords you may have/create. Whilst this may not be an issue now, can you be sure you will NEVER use this computer for personal info? even one day in the future when this warning has been completly forgotton and you use it "Just this once, it cant hurt just once...."

If you need advice on how to do this, post back with some system info, such as make and model, and which operating system is installed (XP? VISTA? Home? Professional?) and what disks you may have.

I cannot advise this strongly enough.

How did you test the screen?
    Did you try another monitor on your computer?
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────