Default PC startup Photo Gallery installer issue

suddenly when I startup my laptop (HP, XP) my system is trying to install photo gallery and i need to use ctrl+alt+del to stop the installation. how can I get into my system to remove this process on start up?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I think you're talking about the Photogallery.msi problem. Follow this tutorial, if it doesn't help we can try something else. Help2Go - free computer help and advice - My PC Keeps Asking Me for Photogallery.msi

Default photo gallery issue

thanks Canuck. I went to HP chat and they said it was an Office Outlook issue. I went into the Startup mode and disabled all startup commands. so far it has eliminated the photogallery startup window.

I went into the Startup mode and disabled all startup commands
    Hopefully you didn't disable your anti virus program? If you did, go back in and place a check mark next to it's entry.

Default photo gallery

thanks i did go back and recheck the box. it appears that some commands rechecked themselves. will this happen as i use the programs?

A few will re-check themselves like ctfmon (related to msoffice, there's no easy way to stop this one), qtask (related to quicktime update .. can be stopped by going into quicktime in Control panel and uncheck box to up-date automatically) , an entry for ms messenger (here too you need to set it up in the messenger program to not update or start the program automatically). There are others too, but these are the most common ones. If you have any questions on any particular ones, let us know.