Default How to reformat Acer Aspire T310 with system and recovery cd

Hi,
    I seem to have lost my user guide or installation maual from acer. So i'm having problems with reformating my computer. there are two CDs that came with my computer

CD1 - system CD
    CD2 - Recovery CD
    Among these disk, one contains windows XP installation stuff too.

I read up guides online which said that i have ti insert CD1 into my computer restart it, which will prompt a seriers of procedures which i need to follow.

problem is, aftyer restarting my computer with the system CD inside, no prompts were given to reformate my computer. It when straight to nirml start-up screen loading my desktop and stuff.

Would someone explain how i should go aout reformatting my computer.
    I know reformattingseems to be easy for most, but i'm realy nerd when it comes to such stuff. would be glad if someone help me ASAP. I have only 2 days to reformate my computer before my attachment starts.
    (side note: i have already back-uped my stuff)

thanks alot.

It sounds like your computer is not set to boot from the CD drive as first option. You need to change the boot sequence in the BIOS. Most computers get into the BIOS by tapping the DELETE key during start up (you really only need to hit the key once, but it needs to be at the right time- easier to just keep tapping it). If the DELETE key doesn't work, check the screen at the beginning of start up- it will tell you what to hit to enter setup. Once in the BIOS, look for boot options- it will usually be among the first 2 or 3 things listed in the BIOS. Set the CD drive as first boot option and save the changes (usually by hitting F10). Watch the screen during reboot, you may need to hit a key to boot from the CD.

Charlie

Okay, thanks for the prompt reply. Did not expects it to be so fast thanks. I will try it right now. =D

Also, if it a Vista machine, F10 during bootup will normally start the process without the CD, from the recovery partition on the drive.

The CD's are normally only there as a backup in case of harddrive corruption.
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Hi thanks, for the help and advise, they were very useful. The problem has been solved. My computer seems to be working fine now except for my internet connection problem.