Exclamation buffalo wireless adaptor not working, can't connect to internet.

Hi,

First off, i want to thank Grim322 for helping me with my reformatting problems. I wanted to post online to tell you guys that the problem is solved but as you can see i'm having difficulty going online with my reformatted computer. So I'm currently using my dad's laptop to seek help.

So here is the problem.

After formatting my computer with the systrem and recovery CDs acer gave, i realised that i can't connect to the internet like i use too. I'm using Buffalo WLE-NDR Omnidirectional Antenna.

I'm using Acer Aspire T310 for 5 years now. currently when i go to windows start menu and click connect to, the only available link is "show all connections". I can't view any "wireless connection" at all.

Under network connections folder (there are two links) -
    1) "Local Area Connection" and
    2) 1394 connection
    (which have the following description below:
    Connected, Firewalled.
    1394 Net Adaptor)

I won't be able to contact Acer or Buffalo any time soon since i'll be busy with work during office hour. So this forum is my only source of help now.

Thanks

You will need to reload the driver for the wireless device. If you don't have it on CD, you can probably download it from the manufacturer's website using the other computer. Copy it to a CD or USB thumb drive and then take it to your computer and install. After you get internet connection, there will probably be numerous updates to download.

Charlie

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you've completed a clean install, you'll need to install drivers for your network adapter. They should be on the CD that came with your Buffalo WLE-NDR Omnidirectional Antenna.

Additionally, make sure you have the Wireless Zero Configuration service activated. Paste the following into the Run box and click on OK.

services.msc

In the Services window, scroll down to the entry for Wireless Zero Configuration and double click it. Under Startup type select Automatic, and under Service status, click on Start (if not already), then Apply and OK. Then restart the machine.

EDIT>>> Sorry Charlie, crosspost!