Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SS&D - Teatimer updates

I've just updated to v. 1.6.2.0 of SS&D. Under Tools>Resident, Resident "Teatimer" (protection of over-all system settings) inactive is unchecked, yet when I search for updates, it keeps coming up with an update for Teatimer which is checked by default (listed under Important Files in the updater box).

As Teatimer isn't enabled, how do I stop this update from coming up all the time please?

Thank you.

Steph
    Today is the dawn of another error ...

Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.4GHz;
    RAM 8.0 GB;
    Windows 7 Home Prem SP1 64 bit
    Firefox; IE11

Hi Steph,

Try post # 5 here and see if that helps.

kind regards,

Hi Tallin, thanks for the link. I didn't allow Teatimer on installation and it's been unchecked under SS&D>Tools>Resident from the start. Rebooting didn't help either - if I click on updates in SS&D it keeps coming up with the requirement to download an update to Teatimer listed under Important Files, ready checked to download.

Is there any way to disable this and why would I keep getting an update for a feature that I've disabled?

Thanks
    Steph

RAM 8.0 GB;
    Firefox; IE11

Steph, if it was me I would uninstall SS&D and make sure when you install it again you are very careful what you enable or disable during the installation. I know this is not what you really need to hear at this time, but for me that would be the easy way around the issue.

However all is not lost as others may come by with their suggestions, but for me I cannot see any way around your problem other than my suggestion above.

kind regards, and good luck.

OK, if that's the only way, but the installation was tricky when I did it earlier - don't fancy going through all that again.

Thanks anyway.

Steph

RAM 8.0 GB;
    Firefox; IE11

Bumping

I'd really prefer not to have to uninstall and reinstall SS&D - for some reason the recent update was really messy. If anyone has any idea how to prevent the Teatimer update showing everytime I run updates even though as far as I can see Teatimer is disabled (SS&D>Tools>Resident - Teatimer unchecked) I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

Steph

RAM 8.0 GB;
    Firefox; IE11

I'm going on my visual recall for this reply. (It's mostly fairly reliable.)

I currently don't have SS&D installed but it seems to me that I remember a setting in the Advanced options for managing /showing updates.

Or it might be in the update window with a window view option turned on. Something about not showing or moving an update to the nonessential list at the bottom of the window.

I'm back :-/

I installed SS&D and had a look in the Advanced Mode > Settings > Settings > Web Update (about half way down the list) and there is no selection for the teatimer. There are other choices but not the one you wanted help with, sorry :-(

Hi Lighthouse, thanks for taking a look.

I know teatimer is disabled so I'll just have to reinstall and see if that works.

Thanks again.

Steph

RAM 8.0 GB;
    Firefox; IE11

I have a feeling that the newer version of SS&D doesn't allow the option of refusing teatimer updates.

You might try going directly to Safer Networking Forums and ask them there about this.

They have been helpful to me in the past.

I had a look around earlier but didn't get a search result that would help you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast