Angry Don't know what the h*** is up?

Hey, Sorry to be a bother but I uninstalled Vista on a HP a6703w, with mthrbd. (duh) VT 6703 VIA, and installed XP Pro. Now the onboard audio and microphone don't work, plus the smbus is nonfunctional. Looked on VIA and DriverGuide as well as HP, could find nothing. Any help would be nice, TIA.
    Tony

Have tried everything recomended including the Belarc. Nothing works, cannot even find a flash for BIOS, thought that might work. SM bus is a bugger, at this point am lost totally. Don't think there is any hope, have spent hours searching on the net. If anyone knows anything, ple-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-ze!!!

Thanx anyway! Found a program my bro had Driver Genius, solved all our problems. It was an nForce chipset driver, but no program would detect it, none the recomended dl's would do anything. Guarantee, would say for anybody, GET IT!
    Last edited by theox; 08-03-2009 at 12:19 AM.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

You're going to have to go to the HP site > check for drivers for your model and select the drivers that work for XP Pro. There may be other changes needed to the BIOS, but I'm not sure on that .. so stay tuned for other's input.

Angry Thanx anyway.

Guys, did what ya said and the only thing comes up is Vista bs. Go figure, wouldn't you know. Lile I said thanx anyway and I mean it, but nogo. If anybody else has any ideas, please let me know.

The key is to get the network card working so that you have internet connection. Once you have an internet connection, there is a good chance your computer will find the drivers it needs. Download Belarc Advisor here: Belarc - System Management For The Internet Age
    Run it and it will create a profile of your computer. Look for any drivers you need based upon the manufacturer of the item, not at HP. If still no luck, try emailing HP support and asking for XP drivers.

did a little more checking and came up with this info from another web site:
    A web site q&a forum said that the Acer Aspire E380 uses the same
    motherboard, and that the drivers on the Acer web site would work.
    http://us.acer.com/acer-v2/service.d...CRC=2054404012

Haven't personally tried it, just passing the info along.

Charlie
    Last edited by Grim322; 08-02-2009 at 01:00 AM. Reason: more info

I would think the HP site would have drivers for the XP version of your system as well. Might recheck there again.