Default automatic display of folders

Earlier today a pop-up automatically added a new tool bar. I disable the add-on. However, each time I turn the computer on, it automatically opens the same folder ... c:documents and settings\<administrator> ... any ideas why and how to stop this automatic display?

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You need to give us a more detailed description of the problem. What system do you have, what browser, what is the actual toolbar, what did the pop-up say, etc, etc.

The more detail we have, the easier it is to help you.

Dell 521 series
    windows xp
    tool bar Mirar
    do not recall the actual pop-up because I aborted but it added anyway, which is why I had to go to Tools, Manage Add-ons and disable the Mirar toolbar. Immediately following this is when the specific folder automatically displays when any user of this desktop logs on. Ugh!

Although it does not seem to present a problem, it is very annoying! Ugh!

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mirar can be difficult to remove. If you are technically savvy, you could follow the manual removal instructions here.

If not, try downloading Malwarebytes (free version) from here, install using default settings, then run the updater. Before starting the scan, close all browsers.