Blog Entries

Default Com+system app. Stopped in vista

Hi,
    Have noticed that Com+System Application has stopped running! Tried to restart in Details pane and Properties tab to no avail, following message box appears;
    "Windows could not start the Com+System Application service on
    Local Computer

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control
    request in a timely fashion."

Have checked out "help" instructions in services window and Microsoft Technet, but in truth it all seems a little complicated for someone such as myself. I have run System File Checker and there are no corrupt files. I run av and malware scans on a daily basis and a av boot scan weekly-no problems.

OS: Vista Home Premium SP2,ZoneAlarm Pro,Malwarebytes(protection enabled), Superantispyware,Spywareblaster and Avast4.8 Home Pro.

Grateful for any help you can provide.
    Regards, BobbyZee

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Try downloading the latest version of .NET Framework. See if that helps.

Blog Entries

Default Com+System App.Stopped In Vista

Hi arraknid, many thanks for reply.

Tried to install .Net Framework 3.5 but unsuccessful, message-box kept saying error with download installation.

I think(quite sure) that 3.5 vers. is already installed which would account for this error. Whist running Malwarebyte scan I did see 3.5 being scanned.

I don't know where to go from here, one possibility mentioned in Microsoft download info. was to uninstall/reinstall the program but I'd like your recommendations please,not sure how to go about this!

Regards, BobbyZee

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Com+System needs .NET Framework to run so, yes, I would uninstall it via Add or Remove Programs then reinstall. Another thing to try is making sure the Service is started and running.

If you have a Run box available, type services.msc and click on OK. If not, type into the search box.

In the Services window, scroll down till you see the following entries...

COM+ Event System
    COM+ System Application

Click on each in turn and make sure that both are started. If you see 'Start the service' above the description, click on Start.. If either is running, click on the Restart option. Close all windows and restart the machine.