Default Stupid message on start up

Can anyone tell me how I can get rid of this annoying message that keeps on appearing when I start the computer. When I click to exit, another annoying piece of crap comes up. See attached images. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Images

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You've obviously got a HP printer, and when you installed it, the installation wasn't completed. Next time you start up and the message appears, put the disk that came with the printer into your CD drive, use the browse option to navigate to the CD drive and click on OK. That way the installation will complete.

Default Thanks arraknid

Thanks arraknid.
    I do have a hp printer that I have had for nearly a year and used it on many occasions and this issue has never arisen till a couple of days ago which I find puzzling. I thought it might be something going wrong at start up. Nevertheless, I did insert cd as asked and it said there was a problem and to contact the manufacturer. I clicked out of that message and all is fine again. No problem on start up. Strange thing, computers.
    Cheers.

Blog Entries

All it needed was the disk! When installing from a disk, it's often necessary to leave it in during the restart so it can 'reconnect' again. If not, you'll get the message you saw.

Thankfully, not all software installs that way.

Software can run you around in circles. I recently wanted to install a newer version of a program. I couldn't install the newer one until I removed the older one. Couldn't remove the older one without the original CD (which I couldn't find). I finally found a Microsoft program that removes anything installed by Windows Installer and I found some tools for installing and uninstalling for network administrators that didn't require the CD. Much harder than it needed to be, I'm pretty good with a computer and I was about to give up.

Charlie

Default thanks anyway

What I can't understand is why I hadn't completed the full installation after a year of use. I never had the message on start up for a year and used the printer on numerous occasions.
    Why did it wait a year before I had to complete the installation?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

It was just waiting till the warranty ran out

Grim,
    What is the uninstall program you referred to? I need to get rid of an old Corel 8 Suite and can't find the original disk.
    MPD

Blog Entries

I think you'll find this is what he was referring to. Alternatively, try something like Revo.

Yes, it was the Windows Install Clean Up. Be sure you only put a check mark next to the program you want to remove.
    Charlie