Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sound cards & annoying links

Can someone please advise me? Where can I purchase a cheap low profile sound card for my computer, where's the best place? And - how can I stop or turn of annoying links or pop-ups on msn messenger? It is offering emoticons or something, with a web link?

news:Your.buddy.sent.you.a.cool.Wink,.to.get.it.click http://www.smiley4u.com/s.asp?ref=2&ses=1&rsn=1&app=1&cont=\@TCBW(000108C2)(Girl_scream)$V=2,S=1$\@TCEW
    news:Your.buddy.sent.you.a.cool.Wink,.to.get.it.click http://www.smiley4u.com/s.asp?ref=2&ses=1&rsn=1&app=1&cont=\@TCBW(000800F1)(D_puke)$V=2,S=1$\@TCEW
    news:Your.buddy.sent.you.a.cool.Wink,.to.get.it.click http://www.smiley4u.com/s.asp?ref=2&ses=1&rsn=1&app=1&cont=\@TCBW(00010968)(Magician_finger)$V=2,S=1$\@TCEW
    news:Your.buddy.sent.you.a.new.Nudge,.get.it.with.the.new.SweetIM.at http://www.wink-factory.com/s.asp?ref=2&ses=1&rsn=3&app=1&cont=\@TCBN(00050005)(Smash)$V=2,S=1$\@TCEN

Please - how can I turn this off or stop it from coming?

Hi Khrizie!
    This should help with the popup's you are receiving! As for the sound cards, I'll check around for you.

Hope this helps!

These 4 easy steps will turn off the messenger service used to send messenger service popup ads. The Messenger service is not related to Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger.:

1. Go to Start, then Run and type in services.msc Click Ok
    2. Scroll to Messenger, select it, right click it and choose Properties.
    3. Under startup choose "Disabled", then choose Stop.
    4. When stopped, click Ok.

Donna
    Last edited by DonnaB; 08-17-2009 at 11:03 PM.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Default popups/links

Hi DonnaB

Thank you for your advice...unfortunately, though I followed your steps, the box I found was already marked 'disabled' & 'stopped'. So I really don't know what else to do. It seems like the other guy is somehow sending me a link to get new emoticon things but I don't want it & I need to know how to stop the link from getting through to me? Can you advise me any further please?

Hi! Here's a link for info on sound card.--> here
    I'll check around for more info on your other issue with the popup's. Meanwhile,
    someone else may have more info on this issue, also.
    Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

Hello khrizie,

Not a user of MSN so not a 100% here try the steps below,

1. Open MSN Messenger main window.
    2. Click Options... on Tools window.
    3. Switch to Privacy tab.
    4. Select "All Other Users" in the My Allow List and click "Block>>" button. The "All Other Users" groups will appear in the My Block List list box.
    5. Click OK to save your settings.

zep

Hi DonnaB
    Thank you for you're effort in sending me the sound card link...unfortunately the prices are out of my league, but thank you anyway.

Chris

news:Your.buddy.sent.you.a.cool.Wink,.to.get.it.click http://www.smiley4u.com/s.asp?ref=2&ses=1&rsn=1&app=1&cont=\@TCBW(000108C2)(Girl_scream)$V=2,S=1$\@TCEW
    news:Your.buddy.sent.you.a.cool.Wink,.to.get.it.click http://www.smiley4u.com/s.asp?ref=2&ses=1&rsn=1&app=1&cont=\@TCBW(000800F1)(D_puke)$V=2,S=1$\@TCEW
    news:Your.buddy.sent.you.a.cool.Wink,.to.get.it.click http://www.smiley4u.com/s.asp?ref=2&ses=1&rsn=1&app=1&cont=\@TCBW(00010968)(Magician_finger)$V=2,S=1$\@TCEW
    news:Your.buddy.sent.you.a.new.Nudge,.get.it.with.the.new.SweetIM.at http://www.wink-factory.com/s.asp?ref=2&ses=1&rsn=3&app=1&cont=\@TCBN(00050005)(Smash)$V=2,S=1$\@TCEN
    Khrizie,
    The above info are invites that you have to link to so that the message sent can be retrieved by you.
    The steps above given by zep SHOULD prevent this from happening again, unless it is being sent by a friend that you have invited pass your privacy settings. If that is the case, then you will have to ask them to stop sending them yourself, or as I have done in my MySpace profile, just delete the friend. They will then not be able to access unless you give them permission.

Good Luck!
    Donna

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Khrizie, your request for a source of low profile cards is becoming somewhat tedious. This is the third time you've asked the question, and you were given the answer on both previous occasions. Read here.

EDIT>>> My apologies. I now see you are asking for an audio card. This may fit your budget better. Low profile cards of all types are more expensive than the regular size.
    Last edited by arraknid; 08-16-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Sorry Arraknid, I didn't mean to appear tedious. I'm just not very good at this kind of thing. Thank you anyway all of you.

Khrizie,
    I'm not very good at this either. We all have our moments. I have learned a great deal helping you today. Thanks for the opportunity to enhance my knowledge on sound cards.
    My next suggestion was something that I came across in my findings called SoundBlaster --> FOUND HERE This is really cheap if you want cheap. Doesn't hurt to check it out though.
    I have found that sometimes cost isn't as efficient as quality may be in the long run.

Thanks arraknid for the advice!

Have a great Day!
    Donna
    Last edited by DonnaB; 08-16-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast