Default Cannot Fully Download Programs Online

For the last few days, whenever I try to download anything online, from a spyware program on Microsoft.com to a mp3 program from Amazon.com, the download starts but when it gets to 99% complete it just stops. I have made sure no pop-up blockers or firewalls were running when I tried downloading these items. Please help!

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You don't say what version of Windows you have, or what version of Internet Explorer, but the following may help.

Start Internet Explorer and click on Tools, Internet Options then the Advanced tab. Click the Reset button, confirm the Reset, then close all windows. Shut down IE, then restart it. Try the downloads now.

You'll also be prompted, when required, to reinstall add-ons like Adobe Flash, Shockwave and Reader.

If the problem continues and you have XP, verify the version of IE that you have by clicking on Help, then About Internet Explorer. If you have version 8, consider uninstalling it, using Add or Remove Programs, which will take you back to IE7.

Quote Originally Posted by arraknid View Post
    You don't say what version of Windows you have, or what version of Internet Explorer, but the following may help.

Start Internet Explorer and click on Tools, Internet Options then the Advanced tab. Click the Reset button, confirm the Reset, then close all windows. Shut down IE, then restart it. Try the downloads now.

You'll also be prompted, when required, to reinstall add-ons like Adobe Flash, Shockwave and Reader.

If the problem continues and you have XP, verify the version of IE that you have by clicking on Help, then About Internet Explorer. If you have version 8, consider uninstalling it, using Add or Remove Programs, which will take you back to IE7.
    Thank you so much! I tried what you suggested and my problem is all fixed! Thanks Again