Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default MBAM ERROR 732: Unable to Update.

Update: August 19th, 2011

Please note that error code 732 was retired after version 1.44, and as of version 1.45 we now use a new error code system. If you are receiving error code 732 then it means that your version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is out of date.

Please click this link in order to download and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

For the updated Article of causes and possible fixes click on the Article link below:

MBAM will not update. I keep getting the 732 ERROR!!! I have uninstalled prior version of MBAM. Checked Program Files. All clear. Then reinstalled version 1.40 from Malwarebytes.org. Still same ERROR.
    Googled--> What is ERROR 732? Malwarebytes forum suggested this-->

SOLUTION: Please first try the following and if that does not work then review one of the post for setting exclusions to Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications

* This routine will confirm that Internet Explorer is set to the Online mode.Click on START - RUN and Copy/Paste the following into the run line (On Vista you can use the Search line) and click OK
    CODE
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v GlobalUserOffline /t REG_DWORD /d 0

Which I tried to no avail.

Next step I tried this-->Please make sure that your firewall is set to allow mbam.exe to access the Internet, and that Internet Explorer is not set to "Work Offline".

I presently have Windows Firewall Advanced Security page on hold in taskbar... Not sure what to do.

Could someone help me please?

Donna

SOLVED See links below:
    1st Link: MBAM ERROR 732: Unable to Update.

Error 732: Error updating the database or product. Check Internet connectivity.
    2nd Link: Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions - Malwarebytes Forum

Also see here--> 3rd Link: Error Code 732 - Automatically Detect Settings in IE & Note for NetZero Users
    Please note: The 3rd link is from the same thread as the 2nd Link. I did have Netzero at the time this Error occurred, though this fix was not available before I had upgraded to a better connection.
    Last edited by DonnaB; 08-19-2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: SOLVED: Add info
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Moderator Forum Moderator evilfantasy's Avatar

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Hi Kevin,
    Thanks for responding. The link you gave me was the link that I tried this a.m. before I posted. When the command prompt window appeared I forgot to type in "yes" before I had clicked out of the window. I did go back and follow through by typing in "yes" after I accessed your link. To no avail, though.
    I have been dealing with this problem for about 1 1/2 mos now trying to figure out how to correct this problem with updating MBAM.
    I even tried issue #4, in the same link, for manual updating after I accessed the registry to delete all files concerning former MBAM programs. (Hope I didn't mess anything up in there But, my machine still runs great. I just can't Update MBAM.
    I don't know where to turn next. Every link I accessed in the past has been no help. And it seems that there is no answer. At least I have not come across anyone that had requested help with this ERROR come back and reply with a thumbs up.
    I have tried to accomplish this in IE and Firefox, in safe mode with networking, turned off my firewalls and Avast. (For which I replaced for Panda). EVERYTHING!!!!
    Hm..... Now what????
    I'm going to keep searching for some info on this ERROR. But, I won't do anymore manual internal registry "fixing" unless I get this approved from you or another guru here at H2G. My frustrations are heightening. That's when mistakes are easier to make.
    I'll check back occaisionally to see if you come across anything. I promise not to take as long as I did earlier.
    Thanks again, I really appreciate your help!
    Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

So Malwarebytes is uninstalled now?

If so go to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes and delete the Malwarebytes folder. Then restart the computer and try installing it again.

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Kevin I did reinstall it. Guess I should have stated as such above. I just can't get it to UPDATE!!! ERR0R 732 (0,0) still prevails, though. The database version is #2679.
    Is this the most up to date version??

The newest is 2687.

Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall Malwarebytes, restart the computer and download a new copy.

Download Revo Uninstaller

* Open Revo and let the list populate (can take several seconds to finish).
    * Right click what you want to uninstall and choose Uninstall
    * Next choose Advanced then click Next
    * This will (try to) launch the programs built in uninstaller and go through the normal uninstall process.
    * If the uninstaller fails just continue on with the Revo instructions.
    * Once complete: In Revo Uninstaller click Next and Revo will scan the registry for leftovers.
    * This scan can take several seconds.
    * Once the results are shown look at each one to ensure they are all related to the program that was uninstalled.
    * Choose Select All then click Delete
    * Click Next and Revo will scan for any files or folders that were not removed.
    * If any files/folders are found choose Select all > Delete

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Reviews and free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware downloads at Download.com

Thanks Kevin! I'll let you know what happens. I'm on dial-up. May take longer than usual.

Kevin,
    There are 4 uninstall modes.
    Built-in....Safe....Moderate (which was hi-lighted upon screen appearing) & Advanced.
    Do I choose Moderate?

Opps! my bad. I'm fine. Choose advanced.

Ok! Where's the icon for pulling hair out!!!!!
    Tried the above procedure 4x's. 1st time, all ok till I clicked FINISH after MBAM was completely downloaded. MBAM immediately gave me the 732 ERROR as screen appeared after I clicked on contiue. Didn't even have time to click on the update tab. 2nd time and 3rd time, files corrupt. Noticed that the whole file had not downloaded either time. 4th time, same as 1st. ERROR 732. Clicked on Update tab after clicking on red x to close box. Clicked on update tab, and I got that cute little window telling me that ERROR 732 has prevailed again. Version 2551 is the present version that downloaded from link above in post #6.
    Am I doing something wrong??? I did run Revo everytime between tries.

Edit--> Also got notice that local disk (D has low disk space!!! I haven't seen that since before zep516 cleaned up my machine from the un-wanted ad thread!!?
    Last edited by DonnaB; 08-23-2009 at 07:33 PM. Reason: to add info

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast