Default how to find out how someone unblocked someone on my msn

i 'm here to find out if its possible to find out the date and time someone got into my system and unblocked someone on my msn? is there a way to find out which computer did it?

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Do you suspect someone may have used your machine, or at least one in the house? Or could it be someone elsewhere?

Default in a nutshell with some drama

there were 3 laptops in the house using wireless.

my girlfriends little boy broke the screen on his computer that his dad(her ex) had bought him and his dad took it in for repair about a month ago. we have not seen that computer since.
    thats suspect #1.
    now theres a sister who goes on my g/f's computer and knows all her passwords. she is envious of our relationship and is a rather bitter person. and she bashes me to my girlfriend.
    thats suspect #2
    third computer is used by an exchange student and i know its not her.

now, over the last few weeks, changes to settings etc have been made on her computer...and one of those changes was unblocking a guy that my gf had been ignoring. well last week, he gets through and it has upset my gf quite a bit.

with my girlfriends sister fueling her, they both accuse me of doing this and this has put a major stress on our relationship. i know i didn't do it. so someone is messing with me.

i am only on that computer late in the evening....so if i could prove these changes occurred at say, 830 in the evening, it would help clear me cause i'm never on at that time....ever. during that time, the sisters are usually playing around online.
    or maybe i could find out if it was done off site....maybe from the computer the ex has.

passwords have been changed but damage had been done and i want the record set straight.

i can hanle the soap opera part to this story and can anyone help with the computer side.

so someone is lying and its not me but i'm paying the price.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The reality of the situation is that it would be virtually impossible to trace anything without help from MSN, but that is unlikely to happen. That said, you could try asking.

Without wanting to state the obvious, your problem is the fact that everyone seems to know everyone else's passwords, which somewhat circumvents the whole reason why passwords exist.

Your first action has to be to reset all passwords and to make sure nobody knows what they are. Your GF shouldn't know yours, and you shouldn't know hers. And neither should anyone else - particularly her sister. It's basic security.

Another thing to remember is to always log out of a website, and never click the option to 'Remember your password'. If you do, anyone using the machine will have free access to any of your pages.

A further option is to create separate accounts on the machine, and to make sure other accounts are 'Limited'. That will stop anyone changing your settings.

As the laptops are networked via wifi, make sure none of your files/folders are shared.

Maybe not what you wanted to hear, but maybe you've learned the hard way why security systems exist on computers and websites. They are there to protect your data and your sanity!

Good luck.