Default removal of my name in others' YM list

Hi All,

Does anybody know how to remove my name in a person's yahoo messenger list? I have searched the net and 3rd party apps are being returned (it seems Yahoo! removed their official one), though I am not sure if they are safe (not a virus or doesnt exploit your password). If anybody has tried these apps, kindly tell me what you used and the results.

Please help! thanks!

I have actually done this, but in a way you need to be alert if the person persists.

Open your Yahoo Messenger, view all your contacts, then right click on the person you no longer wish to chat with - then scroll down to 'delete'. This will remove them from your list, but of course this is where you need to be alert and refuse if they apply for your permission again.

It worked for me, hope you find it helpful.

kind regards,

no go. still, thanks for giving time to this. i think i'll try those apps if no one will post their experiences in a while.

The only safe way to do that is to ask the other person to remove you.

Why is it a problem? if you block the person, then them having your name on their list wont matter, it'll just look like your offline to them.

If your worried about them having your address, how can you be sure they dont have it wrote elswhere?
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7