Default add or remove programes

A new problem has cropped up while doing disc clean as suggested by you in my previous thread.To create space I opened the Control Panel>>Add or Remove Progrms.Deleted Opera 10.It was deleted.I installed it fresh in D drive.Opened and did browsing.By mistake I had chosen the U.S Edition.So I removed it again.The browser by default downloaded all my existing Gmails into my disc space without my opting it.It occupied lots of space.So I decided not to have opera and removed it again.It was removed.But I found later that in the" application" data stored under folder OPERA and its sub-folder remained in the system occupying Disc space of Approx.430MB.When I deleted the Main folder it is not getting deleted.When I opened the folder I had to go to sub-folders one by one,had to open individual files and order "delete".Can't I remove the folders in an easier way?How is it that these folders remain when i have removed the whole programe?Can you please guide?I learn elsewhere that I have do go deeper into the system to remove it fully!!Is it so?As I have explained earlier,I am a novice to Computer usage.I do not want to venture deeper without guidance.Please guide.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Try booting up in Safe Mode and delete from there. A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP .

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The browser by default downloaded all my existing Gmails into my disc space without my opting it
    That can't happen unless you set up the mail account with your Gmail user name and password. How else would it gain access to your account, or even know where it was?

By default, Opera doesn't delete the mail folder when it is uninstalled. That's because you may want to install another email client, reinstall Opera or upgrade to another version. Remember that Opera is acting as an email client - a virtual postman if you like, so it will only download from your Gmail folders what it finds there.

If you only want to download the headers and text, but not attachments, click on Tools, Mail and Chat Accounts, then highlight the account and click on Edit. Click on Incoming tab and place a check mark against Do not fetch message attachments.

If you have 450Mb, of mail files sitting in your Gmail account, you probably need to do some housekeeping.