Thread: baffled

Unhappy baffled

I have used facebook photo uploader before but now it keeps freezing. I try to upload and get the symbol [? in a box] by the side of it i get This website wants to install the following add-on Facebook photo uploader from Facebook inc if you trust the website and add-on and want to install it click here........... I click on it and the whole page freezes and i get program not responding . I know it is something to do with my browser but dont know how to solve the problem. i have the latest flash player and have changed the settings on data excertion but to no avail. I am running on windows xp home edition. Please help
    life is to short live it to the full
    novice pc user needs all help she can get

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You don't say what browser you are using, but I suspect it isn't Internet Explorer. A lot of websites are built by people who seem to forget that there are other browsers out there, and when you complain, they just tell you to use IE.

If you are using IE, what version is it? Clicking on Help on the toolbar, then About Internet Explorer will tell you.

For Firefox users, there's an IE emulation Add-on available. See here. Opera users can set the browser to emulate and identify as IE.

hi i am using IE 8.0 would appreciate any help
    life is to short live it to the full
    novice pc user needs all help she can get

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you have XP, go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall IE8. It'll take you back to IE7.

If you have Vista, come back.