Default BootMGR is missing error

I am running windows vista with a 250 gig hard drive on a gate way notebook
    Model# W3501. It is the Tseries. I have already put in a windows vista CD and tried a repair but that did not work. When i get to the window that says pick the operating system or hard drive to repair nothing comes up as if there is no operating system or harddrive.

Can someone please help.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Please give us the exact error message. Also, what are you doing just before it comes up?

Default Bootmgr is missing error

The Bootmgr is missing message comes up when am turning on the computer.
    The computer does not boot up at all.

The message also tells me to restart the computer. When i do it gives me the same message all over again and the process repeats istself.

I am of the opinion that the bootsector on the hard drive is bad but not to sure since i do not have another harddrive to try.

Hopes this helps.
    Looking foward to some help.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi Daniel, at the moment I'm indisposed, however I'll bump your thread, I'm sure one of our faithful members will step in for me ..

Hi Daniel,
    You stated;
    When i get to the window that says pick the operating system or hard drive to repair nothing comes up as if there is no operating system or harddrive.
    Have you tried to click on the option to Load Drivers as shown in the same window just left to the NEXT button as shown below?

If not, please click on this option and let us know the results. Then we can follow up from there.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Unhappy

Hi, I hvae the same problem as above. I have been through all of the above as well and no operating system is coming up. I hvae tried to option load drivers nad you can choose from local disk etc but I don't know what to choose. Please help

Hi Annie,
    Could you please start a new thread?
    Include your Operating System and detailed information as to what you have tried to correct this. Also include any error messages received.
    Do you have the disk for your OS?

Thank you,
    Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"