Thread: Outlook Express

Unhappy Outlook Express

Hi I have just had a major catastrophe with my PC Hard drive went totally, have had anew hard drive fitted and operating system, XP Professional all OK apart from that Outlook Express is not there. Help please to reconfigure Outlook Express.
    Thanks Terry Foster

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Click on Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, then on the left side of the window, click on Add/Remove Windows Components, Scroll down the list till you see Outlook Express and click the checkbox next to it. Click on Next and complete the process.

Hi Arraknid thanks for the help but my other PC running XP professional doesn't appear to have list item which you described. Thanks again Terry Foster

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

my other PC running XP professional doesn't appear to have list item which you described
    Do you get anything listed? You should be seeing something like this....

Wink re Outlook Express

Hi Arraknid, sorry Ihave been so long in getting back to you. None of your suggestions worked because my IT friend had installed what he called aBlack version of XP professional which did not contain OE.
    I asked him to install a new copy of XP home Premium which contains OE, so now is all OK. Thanks for your help in this matter.

Regards Terry Foster