Thread: pop up box

Default pop up box

whilst on Internet Explorer the other day I was typing away madly when a pop up box exactly (like the 'run' box that appears on the bottom left hand corner of your window screen) instead this one popped up on the left hand top corner of my Internet Explorer screen, inside the box was all the http addresses/web sites that I have visited, I have no idea how I did it nor what was it called, can somebody tell me how I got it there and how I can get it back up???

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Press the Ctrl key and the H key at the same time. Is that what you saw? If yes, it's possible you pressed both keys by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by arraknid View Post
    Press the Ctrl key and the H key at the same time. Is that what you saw? If yes, it's possible you pressed both keys by accident.

No thats just the favourite box, thanks anyway for your help but it was just like the run box but in the very top left of screen.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's actually your History box showing all websites you've visited, as you described. Pressing the Alt key with F opens the Favourites box.

How about Ctrl + F. That opens a Find box.

Nope like I said before its exactly like the little grey run box that you open in windows when looking for files ect... but it labelled look or files or something and opened in the top left of my screen when on the internet... http: files were in it and thousands... it had nothing to do with favourites..