Default Hi,problem is;can't play youtube or bbciplayer without constant buffering

hello,kind reader.the problem is i can't use you tube,bbc i player(and other t.v.catchup sites)and other video stuff without constant buffering.would be thankful if you,dear person ,could point me in th'right direction.my p.c.is a dell mini(notebook),it uses windows xp,has got 450 m.b memory left,the hardrive is 2gbytes and,i'm sorry,I don't know the RAM.thanks to you very much,have a great day,week,month,year,life.thankyou.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You need to start cleaning/transferring stuff off the hard drive. The figures you quote don't make any sense. Your hard drive has to be bigger than 2Gb, so I suspect that's the RAM. Either way if you only have 450Mb left on the drive, that isn't enough.

Start by uninstalling any programs you no longer need or use, then download and run Ccleaner, using just the Cleaner option, which will clean out all of the unnecessary files and crap that accumulates over time. We do not recommend using the Registry option unless you understand what you are deleting.

I suspect if your HD is that full, you have a lot of large files on the drive - maybe video files? You need to delete or transfer those to an external storage medium.

You should aim for a minimum 20% free space on the HD, and keep it that way.