Angry Annoying active x control pop up help pls

masters each time i start my internet explorer version 8.0.6001.18702 and open any site a message comes(DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW SOFTWARE SUCH AS ACTIVE X CONTROLS AND PLUG INS TO RUN) this is very annoying again and again i have to click yes then the sites opens .Please tell what settings i have to do to stop this.thanks

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ActiveX is the bane of IE users' lives, which is why lots of us prefer to use another browser like Opera, Firefox or Chrome, all of which are far superior to IE.

If you want to carry on using IE, you can change the default settings...

Click on Tools, Internet Options, then the Security tab. Click on the Internet globe at the top of the window, then on the Custom level button. Scroll down to the ActiveX controls and plug-ins heading and Disable the entry for Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls. Click on OK to close the window, then Apply and OK.

That will stop most of the popups, but you'll still be prompted on certain sites.

Thanks arraknid you are a master thanks again can i ast you a another question here or have to start new thread

Blog Entries

Lets see what the problem is. Go ahead.

my computer runs very very slow it takes ages to boot or shutdown while starting a programe i know you will need my system information but i dont know how to look at this please tell me where should i see the information and i will send it to you

Blog Entries

We need to rule out the possibility of malware in your system.

Please read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled BEFORE POSTING READ THIS FIRST!

Following the instructions will allow for us to quickly help you with specific fixes to your system.

While working through the instructions, please save the following logs to post in your reply...

- SUPERAntiSpyware log
    - Malwarebytes log
    - HijackThis log

If any of the scans will not run, just move on to the next step. If you have any questions, please stop and ask.

Please do not add any more to this thread. Instead, start a new thread in the Spyware Forum.

thanks i will do this