Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Desktop Hyperlink Can't Remove

Hello,

I did something really dumb. I was trying to create a shortcut to put on my desktop for consumer report. What I ended up doing was putting some type of hyperlink I think and it will not let me delete it. Can someone please help me delete this from my desktop. I just can't seem to figure it out.

Thank you,

Colleen

Hi Colleen,
    Did you try to right click the icon, then click delete from the list of options?
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Blog Entries

Yes I did try that and it will not let me. That is why I was so surprised. I do not know what I did, this has never happened to me.

Colleen,
    Do you use XP or Vista? And have you tried to access your desktop folder to delete it? What exactly does this icon look like?
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

Blog Entries

Consumer Reports: Expert product reviews and product Ratings from our test labs Here is the link for what it looks like. I have windows XP and yes I did look in the destop folder and it is not there to delete.

Blog Entries

That whole thing is now on my destop which I can drag the corner to make smaller, but it will not let me delete it. I can't remember what it asked me when I was creating it. It did ask me a question and it wanted me to put in my password but I did not put the password in.

Blog Entries

It is not really even an icon, it is the actual web page.

Please clarify for me. The words are there, but no Icon???

Blog Entries

Did you click on the red consumer reports expert product reviews above? Which is the link and what is now on my desktop.

Consumer Reports: Expert product reviews and product Ratings from our test labs

Yes I did. It took me HERE. Is that where it takes you?
    What do you get when you Right click on the text? Can you try that and click on properties and tell me the file type?
    This is a weird problem!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast