Default Driver not digitally signed...

I use Drivermax to download drivers.Most of the time i see Drivers which i need are not digitally signed.Rarely i see a driver which i need signed by microsoft.But the company is Intel only.

Is it good to download a driver which is not digitally signed by microsoft ?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

The best way for downloading drivers is to go directly to the manufacturer's site. That way there should be no question of its validity or completeness. It is not unusual to see the 'not approved' notice of Microsoft certification (that's why you should never rely on Microsoft's driver downloads, they are usually out of date or sometimes corrupted). The same may be said of these driver update programs like Drivermax (it may deliver the correct drivers, but I rely on the manufacturer for the correct drive). Also, as far as updating drivers, if you go by the philosophy 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' you can't go far wrong. I usually check for updates once a year unless I'm having problems.

It is not broken, Iam not fixing anything...
    Its just....I open Drivermax like ...once in a month or so.It shows a new version for any of the driver sometimes.So it shows as iam having outdated driver for the one which it has new one.So i use to download that.

Is it right that iam doing ?