Default locks up restart by switch

My compuer keeps locking up. I can work on the internet but when I click off it locks up and doesn't respond so I have to us off switch and re start to continue to do and thing. Help what do I need to do . Everything I scan says it is working correct.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

More detail please. What version of Windows do you have, what Service Pack and what version of Internet Explorer.

when I click off it locks up
    What are you clicking off? Your browser or your computer?

I have a vista pavilion and I have to click off my computor and let it reboot before I can do anything again.

Blog Entries

OK, it's a Pavilion running Vista, but we need to know the following also..

what Service Pack and what version of Internet Explorer.
    I have to click off my computor and let it reboot before I can do anything again.
    That's understood, but what makes the computer lock up, shutting your browser or turning off the computer?

windows internet explorer Alot of the time when you sign off with the browser It don't go off.

Blog Entries

acornacres, you really must try to give us as much info as possible. Are you saying that when you close Internet Explorer, it doesn't shut down and locks up your computer? If yes, the most probable cause is an add-on such as a toolbar which is preventing the shutdown process. This page will outline the various ways of fixing the problem. Just scroll down the page to see the instructions.