Default No Signal on Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard aren't working

I just purchased a new case for my computer. I transferred all of the components from my working computer into the case, and when I turned it on, the LED lights and fans all started. The disc drive functioned properly, but the monitor would not get a signal from the computer, and the keyboard and mouse, which both have backlights, did not turn on either. I tried unplugging my Nvidia GFX card and plugging the monitor straight into the mobo, and still had the same problem. I read up on it, and it seemed to be a problem with the mobo. I went out and purchased a new mobo and installed it into my case, plugged in all the fans and cd drive/hdd/gfx card and tried again to turn it on, and am still not getting a response from any of my external peripherals. I have excluded the possibility of the mobo being the source of the problem, and am left confused as hell. The HDD seems to be functioning properly, so the only ideas I have are the possibility of the PSU not working or the processor, but I was just interested in knowing if there were any other possible explainations...though the power supply worked just fine before I tried to transfer the components into the new case...everything worked just in fact. I tried putting it all back into it's original case, and am still getting the same problem. I really need my computer working again ASAP. PLEASE HELP ME!

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Without actually being able to get 'hands on', it's difficult to say what the problem is, but it sounds as though you haven't plugged one of the connectors from the power supply into the motherboard. There are usually 2 - one large rectangular one with multiple cables, and a smaller square plug that connects, usually, to the left of the processor. If the board is a Dell, there's a third connector, but it doesn't sound as though yours is.

My advice is to get out the manual and look carefully at all of the connections that are required.

The other, more severe option, is that you have damaged components by not following static prevention procedures.

The fact you have replaced the components as they were in the previous working case, and they still dont work kinda also points to this being the problem.

Lets hope Arraknid is right and its a missing power lead you missed!
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

i have the same problem when i bought a new case and transfered all the components to the new case. note, it was working prefectly fine in the old case. please need help thanks in advance

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi pinksoda and welcome to Help2Go. It would be better if you started your own new thread as this one is quite old. As mentioned above, your problem is very hard to fix without 'hands on'. The advice given is about the best you'll get when coming to hardware problems and not having the PC sitting in front of us.