Unhappy my computer has power but wont turn on

my tower will not turn on when i press the power button the only thing that happens is a loud fanning running noise the blue power button doesnt come on nothing except the fan running and the only way to turn the fan running noise off is to unplug the tower completely. i had to unhook everything and use my old tower just so i have access the tower i am having problems with is a emachine windows vista i bought it brand new from wlamart february will be 2 years and we didnt use it but maybe a year so far i called emachine support and they were of no kind of help we spent all that money on this product and couldnt even get a bit of help i dont understand this i am not computer savey at all but there is something definetly wrong and the day that this happened i was on line and a couple of times while i was online the computer just completly turned off out of the blue and i would turn it back on but the last time it turned off it wouldnt turn back on except for the fan running. someone can you please help me??????

Help!!!

Sounds like a bad power supply common with E-Machines. Mother boards have also been an issue with those machines.

Do you have the make and Model #? Please post it we could search for particular problems with that information.
    Last edited by zep516; 12-29-2009 at 09:16 PM.

omg thank you yes the model is emachines W5243 and the make idk it has a windows vista emblem and a nvidia and AMD athlon 64. idk is that the info idk about computers at all so i am trying to learn but idk how do i find the make?

Sorry the make is an e machine. Thanks for model #. Like I said these E- Machines have a large History of power supply issues a lot of times the power supply fails and also ruins or damages the mother board too. Your best option is to take it in for repair. If I find any particulars on this Model W5243 I will post back.

Here is a Google search on your Machine----> http://www.google.com/search?q=emach...ient=firefox-a

zep516....
    Last edited by zep516; 12-29-2009 at 09:39 PM.

thank you so much for your help you have given us a idea atleast of what to tell them when we do take it in. Its a shame that a not even 2 year old computer has to be taken for repair already that really makes me angry and i was even thinking about taking it backa to walmart and throwing the thing in their face since i cant get to the emachine people lol i wonder if walmart would give me a new one if i told them it was a gift and it isnt working???? hahahaha hey just trying out every possibility before i have to spend money that i shouldnt have to spend anyways. i was warned about the emachine but no i had to purchase it anyways now i know tho but thank you for your time and yes if you find anything just let me know thanks again i appreciate it.

Just a thought, did you have a warranty with the system? If so exercise it if you have the paperwork. Here in Australia we can choose how long our warranties run as long as we pay the extention costs requested which I always do.

Good luck and a Happy New Year to you.

kind regards,