Default need help with webcam

Hi...I have a Dell computer with a Sp2309 monitor. I'm told it has a built in webcam and microphone. I haven't any software that came with the computer like when i bought a logtec webcam. So how do I get the cam/mike to work? Anyn ideas?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Go here Dell Monitor Drivers and Downloads and select the operating system you use and follow instructions to install driver. If that doesn't work for you, get hold of the outfit that sold it to you. According to what I've read, there should have been an install disk included, but who knows these days, a lot of info on hardware is only available on the manufacturer's site.

i don't think so for wabcam, there is any hardware required externally, you have to use your webcam directly....and yeah it's depends upon your os platform also. if you are using like the vista or windows 7 than surely there doesn't any need about the drivers....!

@demello
    You still need drivers, i think what you are refering too is the vast amount of drivers supplied with Vista or Win7 which sometimes means going to the manufacturers website is not normally required. am i right?

@stvsloan
    Have you checked the device manager to see if these devices show up as not being installed? (let us know which operating system you are running on and we can supply a step by step guide )
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

@MrDarn
    i don't think so..i haven't experiences like that....i had use webcam in past but as per the experience of mine it plug and play directly with support of OS....if stvsloan have some extra (concerned to features..)with dell than surely, i agree with you that check out the installation installation in the device manger first..!

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@demello

Later versions of Windows will support very simple plug and play webcams using the generic drivers as described by MrDarn, but special features may not be available. That's pretty standard with most simple USB devices.

However, as the webcam and microphone are incorporated within the monitor it does require special drivers and management software which are only available for download from the Dell site, as specified by Canuck.

ok....arraknid...may be that's the way...
    i don't know about the new coming configuration like that...so thanks for the info...1

Hi;
    Dont know if this helps but check the link;

Documentation

Instructions on enabling the camera are given near the bottom of the page...